Wing Gundam Zero or Wing Zero Gundam?

I’ve heard both. Which is generally correct?

Good question. Apparently, according to couple searches and Bandai’s kits, officially it should be Wing Gundam Zero, as it was the Gundam that precedes the other Gundams in development, hence the Zero.

But actually had always just called it Wing Zero.

And funny thing was that even though the show was called New Mobile Report Gundam Wing, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, or in Japanese 新機動戦記ガンダム W , the Gundam in there was actually called Wing Gundam and not Gundam Wing.

1 Like

^ The same thing happened with both ZZ and 00. For whatever reason the ZZ/00 is after the “Gundam” in the show’s title but before it in the actual mech’s name. :face_with_monocle:

Hm…did not realized that. Unicorn actually falls under this naming thing too. F91 might be one of the only one that probably can be called either way as the official name was F91 Gundam F91, so can probably be called either, but normally just called it as they did in the show and title, Gundam F91.

Probably have something to do with most Asian countries called people by name then title rather than title and name like the “western” countries. Not sure, maybe someone in the production teams have explained this somewhere along the way in some interview. :man_shrugging:

Yeah, I agree with all of the above.

I’ve always thought that Wing Zero Gundam sounds right, but Wing Gundam Zero is what most people say.

After thinking about it, I’ve decided that Wing Gundam Zero is probably the more correct. The “Zero” part refers to the ZERO system, and usually, Gundam units with added systems and the like add the name of the system or whatever afterward. Like, all of the Custom units. It’s not the MS-07B-3 Custom Gouf, it’s the Gouf Custom.