Which UC Gundam manga could get an anime adaptation next?

Sunrise has been having success with with the manga-to-anime adaptations.

First it was Unicorn, Orgin, Thunderboldt, Narrative and now Hathaway’s Flash

what else is out there?

Crossbone Gundam
Gundam Sentinel
Blue Destiny

Honestly, the next UC adaptation could be either of those three. Crossbone is immensely popluar, Sentinel has awesome mechanical designs, and Blue Destiny is pretty compelling.

You are right. However, if Crossbone gets adapted there should be some major changes/updates to it and stronger continuity with the events of F91 films in terms of plot/characters while also honoring the new characters and mecha…

and i heard there’s copyright problems with sentinel.

i think blue destiny is a better candidate because its something different.

basically blue destiny is a Gundam/GM hybrid concept based on a story from the one-year war.

it’s something ‘different’ and i think that’s what the franchise needs. something different.

Well, Unicorn, Narrative and HF were all novels originally not manga - but I get your point in that Sunrise has moved away from anime original UC Gundam content over the past two decades.

I never understood why the hesitation in adapting Crossbone, maybe they got cold feet because of the negative reception to F91 and Victory? Oh well, whatever the reason they’ll have to recast Seabook now that his actor has sadly passed. Although, I wouldn’t be sad if it never got an anime considering I am not a fan of Crossbone. :kissing: :notes:

Anyways, as for what I would like to see get an anime adaptation… I would really want “The Plot to Kill Gihren Zabi” to get an OVA for being such a good political thriller, but I doubt they’d do it because there’s very little mech battles nor new Mobile Suits to sell merch for.

Whereas the manga I like that I actually could see an anime being made for would be “Valpurgis”. It’s got a really interest premise for its protagonist that links to something from Unicorn (though it’s set months after ZZ) and has some really cool mechs. :heart_eyes:

I’m gonna go out on a limb here. I like F91 alot and it gets unfairly bashed. and if crossbone were to get an adaptation they’d still need to try to resolve unresolved plot points from the film and fix and update some of the flaws of the crossbone manga.

but we’ll see what they do. they gotta finish up the Hathaway movies.