Which of these kits are worth building? (pics included)

Hi there. I haven’t built a kit in, oh man, maybe 10 years? I was in my attic the other day and I found some old kits that I had purchased and never put together when I was a kid. I love working with my hands and finding these kits have sparked a strong urge to get back into building. I’ve been reading a lot on this forum and the reddit gunpla forum as well. I feel as though I have a fairly good grasp on some techniques. I do have a few concerns, however.

I started building an old 1/144 Wing Gundam kit. From my understanding, models pre-2006ish have the potential to be manufactured poorly. I have noticed this greatly in the Wing Gundam kit. A lot of seam lines are uneven and the joins are extremely loose. I have uploaded images of the kits that I have found in my attic and I would love to know whether or not they are worth building and using my materials one (markers and topcoat). HERE they are: http://imgur.com/a/AGzRz

So, my question is, which of these sets are worth building? I’m thinking of setting aside the HG models and focusing more on the V-Gundam (manufactured 1988) and both the F-90s (manufactured 1990 and 1991). Are these worth building or would you recommend starting fresh and getting some newer models? Also, I’m not looking to paint these models. I plan on panel lining and topcoating. Any additional information on these kits that I should know about?

Thanks for any information!

I’m not entirely sure what happened to the text

Where are the pics ._.

If you click the provided link, you’ll find the pictures.

All those kits are rather old. Some of them appear to be 1/100 scale. In my experience with the older kits like those. They all tend to have the same issues that your Wing kit has. Loose joints, bad seams, and other issues. It’s really up to you though, they could serve as good practice for when you get better kits.

And I’ve never seen that Nu Gundam before.

Hi there. I haven’t built a kit in, oh man, maybe 10 years? I was in my attic and I came across some old kit that I have never put together as a kid. I love working with my hands so seeing these sparked an urge to put them together. I started working on a 1/144 Wing Gundam but have come to find out that it contains several flaws. From my understanding models manufactured pre-2006ish have the potential to be manufactured poorly. I can greatly see this in my Wing Gundam. HERE are the pictures of the models that I have found http://imgur.com/a/AGzRz

My question is, which of these models are worth building and using my material on (markers and topcoat). I’ve been reading about the HGs being very poor but haven’t found too much information on the V-Gundam (manufactured 1988) and both the F-90s (manufactured 1990 and 1991). I was thinking about starting on one of the F-90s. What is your opinion on all these models and are they worth the effort and materials? Also, I won’t be painting my models. I will, however, be panel lining and topcoating.
Any other information on these models that I should know about?

Thanks a lot for any information!

That’s what I thought. I might ditch the HGs and see how well the F-90s turn out. The V-Gundam is very interesting too. Is the Nu-Gundam the V-Gundam?

Interesting since I’m not seeing it at all…

Alrighty I guess lol

There isn’t a link, or pictures. Grens, can you post that link again?

Early 90’s ya? I’ve never seen that Nu Gundam to be honest and if you are only intending to Line and Top Coat, then the results might not entirely be to your liking since the kits are pretty outdated. I might be wrong since I’ve never seen the contents of them but I’m gonna safely assume that it does lack a steady amount of Articulation, Details, etc.

Oh I’ve seen that Nu Gundam before (for reference, that v means Nu in Greek). It’s the old 1/100 HG model. It was released at about the same time the movie Char’s Counterattack was released in Japan in 1988. Honestly, none of those kits are worth getting. Relatively speaking, their technology and articulation quite dated when compared to today’s models. However, they are cheap kits that can used for when one needs to do a paint test on.

Thank you all for the information. I think I’m going to try at least one of the F-90s and the V-Gundam (I like the black on white) for some additional practice.

Do you suggest HG or MG models for a newer build?

It’s all based on your personal preference. Doesn’t matter if you want to build a High Grade (HG), Master Grade (MG), Real Grade (RG), or even Perfect Grade (PG). Though as a note, I would stay away from kits older than 1995 as they tend to be limiting in terms of articulation and technology.

That W-Gundam Zero custom looks pretty cool. I would build that one

Going through the 1/144 scale Wing series to build up experience, paid off when I went to the 1/100 scale, I’d work on the smaller models first, then save your favorite of the collection for last.