"When you hear Jazz, it will be your exit music/it means I'm coming." - HG FA-78 Full Armor Gundam

Okay. So Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt S1/December Sky is easily my personal favourite Gundam show, TV or OVA, tied for that spot with another UC OVA, Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. And the FA-78 Thunderbolt ver. is also one of my two favourite lead Gundams (no guesses for what the other is considering my other favourite show). The dark, brutal, realistic design of the Full Armor fit so well with the dark, brutal, realistic style of the OVA, with an instantly gripping dark, DARK blue colour pallete as dark as the night sky.
So, I’m so happy that I FINALLY bought, shipped, and built the High Grade kit of this fantastic design. But that’s not ALL I did…

Yeah. I painted the shields with Citadel paint and topcoated it with Citadel varnish.
THAT was so worth the wait, and I think I did a pretty good job too. The varnish gave it this worn-out, frosty tone that just gels with the Thunderbolt Sector (and the franchise in general), and I think the paint job I gave the shields was flawed, but pretty successful. Of course, the inside of my annex smelt like varnish after applying it, but hey! Still worth it!