What is the weirdest model kit you’ve built

So I recently built the HG Kerberos Bucue Hound and it was one of the strangest builds I’ve ever done. For one it’s a four legged beast of a mobile suits and it has three heads. But what I found really strange was the neck which had me use a wire as well as some rubber pieces to build it. Also two of the heads can be taken of and used as a backpack for other kits. Not to mention the beam effects are pretty wild.

Needless to say, I’m very happy with it. So I’m wondering if anyone else has had a strange experience with a model kit and which ones were the weirdest?

1 Like

Hmm, weirdest model kit… are we talking exclusively Gunpla or are we going outside that realm? If we’re talking exclusively Gunpla, then the weirdest one I’ve built would be my first Master Grade I ever built: the RX-79(G) Gundam Ground Type. The reason I considered this one the weirdest one is due to the fact that it requires the use of screws which, when I first built the thing, I found a little different as I expected all Gunpla to be snap-fit. Outside of Gunpla… I remember building a 1/72 model airplane of a Dassault Mirage 2000C from the late 1980’s for work, and what I found weird about was that you had specifically assemble the kit first and then apply your desired paint.

1 Like