Stickers

So I notice an abundance of stickers with my kit- and I’m the kind of guy who prefers water slide decals. Do you guys use stickers? if so, have you gotten them on there without the outline showing? if so, how did you do it? thanks,

-Jfl0

The outline will always be there since even the thinnest sticker is thicker than decals. Just do them before top coats and the top coats will help smooth it out a bit so they are not really noticeable at a distance.

Wiz is right. I have yet to be able to hide a sticker outline. I’d imagine the more coats of top coat you apply the more and more it’ll become less noticeable. But who knows many layers it would take.

I’ve had small success applying setter solution to them. It does melt them veeeeeeeery slightly. Another way is to lay down a few coats of gloss over your paint before you apply them, put them on, lay down more gloss, then VERY carefully sand the edges of the sticker. Afterwards you can spray your finish coat.

OR just order some waterslides and throw them away! I HATE stickers! lol

Never had luck hiding sticker outlines, even with setter solution. The closest I ever got was laying a heavy gloss coat on top, then a heavy flat coat and put the kit under dim lights.

I’m not good at applying stickers too so I always strive to never use them.

^^^ This…

The outline will always be there since even the thinnest sticker is thicker than decals. Just do them before top coats and the top coats will help smooth it out a bit so they are not really noticeable at a distance.

Pass. I want to go for pro results now that Ive moved to an airbrush :x If it isn’t feasible, Samuel Decal is an email/call away. It’s decals or bust. I’m ok with dry transfers.

It helps to cut the excess clear parts away, get as close to the print as you can.

I wished theyd stop giveing us stickers and gave us more watter slides in the kits

As do I dear sir, as do I.

Good call Asterisk, i forgot about this one!