Space Battleship Yamato.

Any other fans of this awesome series on here?

//youtu.be/LKe0wARmks4

How many episodes does it feature ?

Space Battleship Yamato Series1: 26 episodes
Series 2:26 episodes
Series 3: 25 episodes

Movies:
Space Battleship Yamato
Farewell to Space Battleship Yamato
Yamato: The New Voyage
Be forever Yamato
Final Yamato
Space Battleship Yamato: Resurrection
Space Battleship Yamato live action (2011)

Remake:
Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Might do a marathon of Series 1 tomorrow.
What is it about ?

And yeah, ONWARD TO THE TORRENTZ! <3

Taken from Wikipedia

Space Battleship Yamato

The first season began airing in Japan on October 6, 1974. Set in the year 2199, an alien race known as the “Gamilas” (“Gamilons” in the English Star Blazers dub) unleash radioactive meteorite bombs on Earth, rendering the planet’s surface uninhabitable.[11] Humanity has retreated into deep underground cities, but the radioactivity is slowly affecting them as well, with mankind’s extinction estimated in one year. Earth’s space fleet is hopelessly outclassed by the Gamilas and all seems lost until a message capsule from a mysterious crashed spaceship is retrieved on Mars. The capsule yields blueprints for a faster-than-light engine and an offering of help from Queen Starsha of the planet Iscandar in the Large Magellanic Cloud. She says that her planet has a device, the Cosmo-Cleaner D (Cosmo DNA), which can cleanse Earth of its radiation damage.[12]

The inhabitants of Earth secretly build a massive spaceship inside the ruins of the Japanese battleship Yamato, the Space Battleship Yamato for which the story is titled. Using Starsha’s blueprints, they equip the new ship with a space warp drive, called the “wave motion engine”, and a new, incredibly powerful weapon at the bow called the “Wave Motion Gun”.

//youtu.be/GvJ9gSzjF8Q

//youtu.be/dsO8vOzZ7CE

I hope you fall in love with the series.

This don’t look to bad and I love the sound track im gonna check it out

The music is awesome. The animation is little dated but still good. The remake that is going is so far really good and example of a remake being done right. I would say I love Yamato more then all of U.C Gundam. I would suggest watching the original and then watching the remake.

//youtu.be/0BGu9HESMuI

Also Woot 100th post. =)

It only shows the sadness of war Like U.C. Gundam with out all the whining of peace that is a stable of Gundam.

Agree. The original should be watched too. I’m a little familiar with this show, from other sci fi anime series.

Holy Moly this looks incredible, I love the design of the ship and the fighter jets… amazing! Japanese animation is truly unique :slight_smile:
I wonder, will we be able to build something like this in our future… ??

Looking forward to the remake, maybe also taking a look in the classic one.

Wow, can’t believe none of you had heard of this show before now. I used to watch this when I was a child. It was called Star Blazers in the US.

But Star Blazers was heavily edited. Not anything new for the time.

True but star blazer was so bad compared to the orignal Japanese.

You’ve seen it?

Seen it. Its ok if you can stomach the cheesy english Dialogue. as for Yamato…ahem…FLAWLESS VICTORY!

Just acquired the original season of Space Battleship Yamato, and I’ll start watching the first episode tonight or tomorrow. I always thought it was one of those must-watch classics, I just never got around to it.
Thank you, spring break!

The English Dubb is Star Blazers which is ok but holds no candle to the orignal Japanese.

I hope you love it.