Scale model/Gunpla competitions in the Bay area/Silicon Valley?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I haven’t had much luck finding anything on my search results beyond Mini Con, or another one held in Sonoma?

Are there any scale model/Gunpla competitions held in the Bay area or Silicon Valley?

Tatsu Hobby holds competitions fairly open no?

San Diego seems to have a good amount, are you part of the SD Gundam Club? If not join them on Facebook :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d like an answer to this question too, being a fellow Bay Area resident. Granted, I haven’t really tried looking hard enough…

Tatsu Hobby turns out to be a few blocks down the street from where I work, will have to go and check them out, San Diego is half a days drive here though, so a little too far for me.

Just found a local scale model group in Fremont that hosts monthly get togethers and annual competition in Milpitas amongst other locations, seem to have a small group of sci-fi/fantasy builds, but I’m going to get some stuff done before then, and see how I fare.

Nice, let us know how it goes. Milpitas isn’t a far drive for me so this might be something I can try for next year.

Bay Area Gunpla club

https://www.facebook.com/groups/741903385837196/

It’s not coming up until September, I should hopefully have a few kits done by then, including the wife’s BtTF Delorean in the paint process right now just got done with pre-shading interior, still need to figure out how to tackle the detail on the exterior and dashboard…Tough kit to detail up, with the lack of decals besides the license plate, and which version of the car you want to build, depending on how well it turns out, I might take that as well.

And joined that group, thanks Squee:)

Tatsu is only 5 mins from my office, will check it out next week.

OK. Just got back from Tastu Hobby in San Jose. Smallish place as you can probably tell from the pics on Yelp. Fair amount of stuff on display though as you can see on their recent Visual inventory:

http://tatsuhobby.imgur.com/

But if you are going to make a trip for a specific item. It maybe best to call ahead and check first. According to the guy I talked to (Kane?). They get shipment in every week and will do special orders. I can’t say anything about their pricing as I know nothing of local pricing but I did picked up a Wave H Hangar for $24 and a few other items. The best one is that they do have the RG GP-01 decals (which was backordered from HLJ since last year). With that, you guys can expect my completed GP-01 Zephyranthes soon.

I’m going to put together a list of stuff I want to special order (mainly all the Yamato 2199 Mr Hobby color sets) form them. We’ll see how that works out.

Not a bad place at all and it’s actually not as far as I thought. I thought it would be deeper in San Jose, but it’s more on the outskirts of Milpitas.

Curious to see how your special order request will pan out.

yea. literally 2 minutes from the 880 exist.

I will go there, once I have cleared a few of my current kits that haven’t been started yet (that’s what the missus has told me anyway), really want to get a Sinanju for their June, or July mono eye competition meet.

Well the special order is a bust as none of their distributor have them. I may have to use one of the Japanese shopping service to get them. Will have to look into it.

Awww, that sucks. Still interesting they do special orders, though. I don’t know what I’ll use it for, but it’s good to know it’s possible.