Ruined Exia's Collection

It’s been a long time since I’ve been active on this site, and I’ve made a ton of model kits since I’ve last been on. I’ll be posting all of my kits on here, one by one. (I now have over 70, so this will be a long thread.) Of course, if you have any questions about one kit in particular, I’ll try to answer as best as I can.

Wow, 70 kits? Be interesting to see them all and you can bet there will be plenty of questions about them, haha.

That’s a whole lot of kits, you have there. I am very interested.

Holy cow, 70 kits is a ton. I’m very interested to see your collection sir.

That is a lot. Nice to see that I have company. :wink:
Are they all one grade or do you mix it up?

Mostly all HG kits. They’re definitely my favorite, but I have built one MG kit in all of the excitement.
I’ll be posting pictures of 5 kits in about 30 minutes.

1. HG 1/144 Stargazer Gundam.
    I didn’t have any problems with this mobile suit. It’s a beautiful kit, and it his a lot of seals (which isn’t a problem, the seals on this kit are so beautiful)
    However, something that made me a little frustrated at times were the green rings surrounding the suit. They’re kinda difficult to pose, and putting them together wasn’t the highlight of my day. But regardless, this kit is a definite YES to purchase.
  1. HG 1/144 Reborns Gundam.
    I’ve built several 00 kits, (which you’ll see in time) and I didn’t really like any of them. However, this kit is so much fun. It’s a great build, pieces fit perfectly where they should and the color combinations blend perfectly. However, the seals/decals got pretty annoying. there’s a medium amount of decals to this kit, which isn’t the bad part. The part that I found to be upsetting is just that some decals didn’t fit the whole freaking spot! Most of them were too short, and you had to decide which side was gonna be shown. And since I don’t pain my kits, it got to be a little annoying. But that’s all. Again, I give this kit a HOORAY and a YES! It accurately captures the power of the anime.
  1. HGUC GM Command
    Although I thoroughly love the GM series, all of the kits are basically the same (minus a few)
    The GM command is a solid kit, although pretty plain looking. If you’re looking to have a collection of all of the HGUC GM kits, then totally go for this kit as one of your first. It’s an easy build, and it goes together perfectly, without any irritating problems. However, if you’re like me, and you’ve already built a few GM kits, take your time with it. It’s pretty basic, average. This kit is a definite MAYBE. You decide.
  1. HGFC 1/144 Shining Gundam.
    I’m seriously in love with the Mobile Fighter G Gundam series, and the english dub of it. When I saw this kit at a local hobby shop, i had to get it. Upon opening the box, I was ridiculously happy to find that he comes with two shining finger effect parts and also a HUGE shining hand (Not pictured, ask and I’ll post) as well. Upon building it, I was almost disappointed that they didn’t include any gold plated parts or even gold colored parts, we just got two gold decals. I guess they decided that the golden leg boosters weren’t necessary, or something. There’s a few more decals than I would have liked to see on this kit, given it’s age. Either way, the finished product is beautiful and illustrates a wonderful Shining Gundam. If you’re a fan of the series, YES. If you’re not, YES. If you get annoyed by little details that aren’t significant, then it’s a MAYBE.
  1. HGUC 1/144 Gouf.
    This kit is kinda old. I think it’s from 2001 or 2000. It only has 2.5 plates, and I think only two decals. Although extremely simple, it’s a nice little kit. You won’t get much details, but you’ll be getting accurate proportions. The only real problem I have with it is the color of the sword. It should be orange/red.

The collection is looking good so far. Best one in overall looks has to be the Reborns for me due to its curvy, almost feminine design. I see that you’re also having trouble with blue parts when it comes to hiding nub marks, haha.

All them look nice. I do see some nub marks on the blue.

I was gonna say something about the blue nub marks, but my pizza came out of the oven and I had to rush number 5 :smiley:

I hate that about blue parts. And red parts too. I’m probably a hair’s width away from always considering painting any and all blue/red parts on any OOB build so I’ll never have to worry about seeing them…

Kits are looking good mate. Other than the small nub marks on the legs of the Gouf, they are all extremely clean looking.

Very nice kits brother. And i couldn’t agree with you more about the nub marks.

When I’m done with work today, I’ll be posting my two favorite kits!
Also, thanks a lot guys!

Nice collection there friend. Keep em’ coming!

just for MG I have built over 100 kits since 2001