RPC wip

Now I can start the decals…

2 Likes

I snapped the Armor DE from the HG Phenex, they go together well but they are going to take quite a lot of work to colour correct them. That’s fine for me as I will be painting the entire kit but I wouldn’t recommend this kit if you just a straight builder. Besides the missing grey on the entire sheilds the gold colour is very very bad…

1 Like

Finished the Sinanju stein but not sure if I need to add a bit of weathering, I do really like the details the PE and decals have added to the kit.

1 Like

That looks like a lot of masking work… I’d enjoy that, but in the sense that it’s not something I’d want to do all the time, either.

1 Like

That does looks good.

Is it me or does this kit look like it shares the overall design of Nu, Buster, and Sazabi in combination?

It makes the kit last a bit longer, I’m going paint the Phenex in a mix of golds so the entire kit is going to be a masking nightmare…all good fun.

Yeh I know what you mean, I think the blue I have used helps, a small amount of soot weathering on the back

Mixed up some paint ready to paint my Razorback in Gulf racing colours…also having a go at painting my own racing stripes

I saw a video last night in reference to the PG Strike Freedom and the painter was remarking on how lackluster the gold plate is on these kits. In the video he based the gold parts in gloss black and then colored in Tamiya metallic gold (not gold… Difference in output AND price) and then went over it with clear yellow.

It ended up looking phenomenal (after gloss clear). Yes, it’s a lot of paint, and yes it was a PG so the size and investment was more worth the process, but I see your gold verniers here and I made me think of that. If you’re already going to mask and weather it… Why not?

I’m going to do that on my strike freedom full burst MG EXCEPT I’m going to use the PS translucent yellow over coat (brushing clear yellow acrylic is a nightmare and the PS colors are for a reverse process on RC bodies where you layer down instead of up anyway)

1 Like

A quick GM snap build.

1 Like

And some paint on the Razorback that is now in Gulf racing colours.

2 Likes

3 Likes

OK let see what I can do with this one…

2 Likes

One modified back pack sorted…

2 Likes