RPC wip

Hi all let’s kick this off with me starting on the HG Sinnanju Stein with PE set for added fun. Started on the weapons.

Cheers B.

4 Likes

Also on with the Razorback form the excellent TV show the expanse. This is a 10cm 3D print

Links with pictures are a problem at the moment so I will post up more later

Looks sick!
They make PE parts for Hg?

Yeh there is a few about now, one for GM GM, RG Sazabi this one and I think the RG Nu has one out or about to be released, madworks make them.

1 Like

This is the very cool little 10cm Razorback.

1 Like

Have fun with buttons on the site at the moment.

Any the HG Sinnanju Stein is mostly snapped together and I must say what a blinder of a kit it is. Had to sort out some better lights so knocked this up, ugly but it works and messing with PE without good light is a loosing battle.

1 Like

So the only seam line on the Sinanju that need sorting are on the sleeve and this is a bit tricky due to pegs etc… But by removing the square peg and making the sighting lugs a bit smaller this will enable me to slide the sleeve onto the arm rather than press it in place. So I can now add a bit of thin glue into the seam line to weld it let all dry in place clamped together and with a bit of luck it should slide off so I can paint it separately. We’ll that’s the plan.

1 Like

Work so far on the leg before I start with the PE, cut bits out and added some pla plate and added a few extra pannel lines…!

Both sleeves worked out OK as well.

1 Like

A small mod to the sheild and beam axe means I can now attach them to the sheild and using effect parts from my RG Sazabi I now an over the top proper UC sheild.

2 Likes

Base colours sprayed on the legs and gun of the HG Sinnanju Stein. Might add a third colour tone to the white/grey yet.

1 Like

Really like these MG frame details in the PE set. Going to paint them separately to save on masking them later.

2 Likes

Bottom half all painted and glossed long with the sheild today. New cutting mat gives my bench a fresh look.

3 Likes

Some close ups of a few of the PE parts in place and panited, used gloss to stick the knee parts in place ( I hope they hold) and you can really see how sh1t my scribbing is.

3 Likes

Funny - the Sinaju Stein ver Ka is the kit I’m looking to build next.

Your builds is look great, but I’m trying to find the appeal of HG kits; are they something people find more customizable and open to altering because of how inexpensive and abundant they are?

Per the PE without good light, do you have a polarizing filter? If so, that’ll cut your glare a lot! If not, I use a Nikon, and I have a second filter for a 52mm ring I’ll toss your way… And if you’re not using a DSLR, alligator clip to hold and it’ll work as a static filter for your phone.

Hi SGordon.

Photography is not hight on my list at the moment so I only use my phone and to be honest I don’t put much effort into the WIP pictures, I do try for the finished pictures of a kit and thanks for the offer of the filter.

I only build 1/144 kits now mostly due to they size and my limited space but I also like to custom and kit bask and this is were the HG lines really comes into it own, once built and put on my shelf they very rarely get seen again.

RG kit are my preference and the Sazabi and Nu are far better than any MG kit I have built in the past ( apart from the MG Sazabi), the RG line gets better and better, we just need a wider selection ( like a RG Kashatria please Bandai). I also think there is very little difference when it comes to the looks of the grunt MS between the 1/100 and 1/144 kits. Build time is also a consideration and snapping a HG kit together in and evening is very relaxing and almost instant gratification.

2 Likes

In preparation for the Takumi Studio MG sinanju conversion kit, I have pulled this out the parts box. I bought this MG Sinanju from eday for next to nothing a few years ago, there are no weapons or shield and it is missing a few small parts, so this conversion kit is fantastic for me. There is a lot of clean up to do on the frame.

1 Like

looks nice so far .
this is my work in progress , have to still do the panel lining and maybe some weathering it is also my
first ever build .

2 Likes

what’s with the gold ? did did you paint it ? it looks like actual metal…

2 Likes

The Sinanju is a plastic kit that is not released yet, this picture is a promo shop from FB, the gold parts are made in the same way the RG Sinanju is put together. From what I can work out it a full replacement out parts

A bit more paint splashed onto the Sinanju with some gold thrusters

1 Like