Playing with Gundams in Dungeons and Dragons

I’ve been thinking about this for a while now, and so I finally decided to try to make it happen. This should be somewhat of an ongoing topic as I make more stats and rules, but for now, here’s what I’ve made so far:

MS-06J Zaku II Ground Type

RX-78-2 Gundam

RGM-79 GM I

MS-07B Gouf

MS-09B Dom

MS-18E Kampfer

These should be enough for a fairly awesome One Year War adventure on the ground; I’m still working on some other stuff, like a Pilot class tailored to match these stats and more MS in general.

If you have a specific request for a mobile suit, please drop a reply down below. Please share any advice you have to give; thanks!

*Note: the current CR ratings for these MS are totally BS. I just stuck them in because I had no idea what to put.

2 Likes

This is awesome! I would play in a heartbeat. I’ve played a few homebrew campaign settings for d&d.

Thanks! I’d wait a bit; I’m working on that Pilot class now, but yeah, whatever game you play with these should be fun.

This is amazing. I’d love to run a campaign based on the one year war. Saving all of these if you don’t mind.

Edit: Wanted to point out there is a small typo in the Gundam’s eject column. Says Zaku instead of Gundam.

Yeah, I saw that when I was making the GM stats. Thanks for pointing it out. And it’s fine it you save it! In fact, I’d love it if you did.

Anyways, here’s that Pilot class. I’ll be straightening out the edges, especially with the Roles. In case anyone wants to know, I based it on the Fighter but made it heavily reliant on the Mobile Suit to do… well, anything. That’s kind of the point, right?

The Mobile Suit Pilot Class for Dungeons and Dragons 5e

I was wondering, are you planning on having Mobile Armors and characters throughout the various shows and Mangas as the Dungeon Bosses?

Eh, depends. I was going to do a Mobile Armor or two, but characters are more about the builds.

That said, I’m thinking about space-based MS. Anyone got suggestions?

MA-08 Big Zam

The YMS-15 Gyan joins the lineup, marking the end of the MSG0079 lineup (as far as the ground war is concerned).

1 Like