Plamobot's build thread (with occasional WIP)

Thanks for the kind words, fellas!

It’s in the backlog. Actually bought the GM for the Zock to crush, but this’ll work, too. :slight_smile:

He’s done. Just did some panel lines, and a tiny bit of paint. I don’t think they make any decals for this kit.

Just a quick build while I’m working on a larger project…

The SD Guntank is so cute. Great job. No nub marks in sight, as usual.

That’s an adorable Guntank. Makes you want to put it next to stuffed animals, haha.

I might! But first, I want to see if it’ll fit in a baseball display case.

I actually like the SD look of the Guntank better than the correct, realistically proportioned version. The SD style makes it look more squat and powerful, which is exactly what a tank should be.

Hmmm, you’re right, it looks more solid overall compared to the realistic version. Darn it, the more I see it, the more I want to buy one for myself.

You could say that again, Dlinker. Darn it, Plamobot! You made me want to buy something I had no interest in before! :smiley:

Serves you guys right! Turnabout is fair play, and all that. :wink:

Seriously, though, I highly recommend it. They’re dirt cheap, too. Got mine for 400 yen.

Here’s my latest build; first time trying out decals for a more detailed look.

If we ever get some warmer weather around here, I’ll topcoat it. (Which will be an experiment in and of itself, and one I’m not really looking forward to.)

That looks pretty solid friend.

Weather in your area a little ruff? Top Coating isn’t really all that bad, I do love the Guntank uggh my heart can’t take this.

Looks great man. Great work on the decals. The whole kit looks extremely clean.

Another build completely devoid of any nubs. Great job. I actually enjoy top coating (when it doesn’t blow up in my face, haha). It makes the kit look sharper than if you left it straight out of the box.

I did very little sanding on this kit; just tried to use sharp pointed cutters and an X-acto knife to see how close I could cut. (No sanding = laziness.)

I’m just going to be testing a few different matte sprays on various kits. We’ll see how they react to my paints and panel lines.

Pretty darn nice for something without sanding. I love the panel lining on that gun too, very crisp. Decal work is done well. Any issue with applying them over the seamlines?

None whatsoever. This was also my first attempt as using Mr Mark Setter and Softer. Very easy. I’m going to try to decal my HG RX-78-2 Gundam and Zaku II next.

Ive gotta say for a Feddie that GM looks real nice. Good work man.

Time to resurrect this thread with some of my recent works.

3 Likes

Ah, I love the Megaman X!

Get the kit! :smiley:

1 Like

Mega Man X is best Mega Man.

Awesome job as always, man.

1 Like