Online Build Group!

So myself and a few others were thinking that, due to the current state the world is in, an online group session for building our kits would be helpful in staying connected with everyone! I figured I’d make this to help with planning, I would like it to be a weekly thing so we can all get together while we build.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!!

4 Likes

Thanks for starting this Tempest! Looks like Google Meet will be our best bet, because it’s free. I know Zoom is free as well, but only for 30-40 minutes per session.

The great thing about Google Meet is we can create a schedule, and email it out to everyone weekly.

2 Likes

I’m actually down with both of these ideas. I don’t know how well my schedule would match up with everybody else’s. But I’d be glad to join in if there’s ever a chance that I can

2 Likes

We’d be glad to have you! Even if you can’t make it to every one, I’m sure it’d be a lot of fun. o/

2 Likes

I’d be up for something like this, but just like grinding said, I’m not sure if my schedule would sync with everyone else. But I will try to get on when I can.

I like this idea. I usually just play music or podcasts when I’m cutting and preparing the pieces anyway. I imagine others are the same.

2 Likes

I mostly put on a Gundam anime or anime and let it play in the background when I’m working on a kit. Helps keep me in the groove, especially if its a Gundam anime.

1 Like

Yeah I tend to build listening to some type of music. Usually nothing that’s going to pull my eyes away from the kit.

1 Like

I do the same, usually throw on Gundam/Japanese Music to get in the groove.

1 Like

Well, once we figure out some sort of date and time to start, we’ll go from there! Does anyone have any suggestions for when?

Friday or saturday in the evenings seem to work best for me. But I’m pretty flexible and will try to accommodate as best I can.

2 Likes

I would much prefer weekends as well.
If time differences prove to be problematic, what we can do is to have build sessions based on different time zones and periodically have a session where we can all gather together.

4 Likes

I like both Grinding and Brian’s suggestions. Friday/Saturday would work best for me as well.

1 Like

Personally I prefer Sunday because I like to keep my Friday and Saturday evenings free, but I can do a Fri or Sat.

1 Like

Same, I’m always going to be dog sitting on Friday and Saturday for the foreseeable future, so Sundays are best for me. I like Brian’s idea too, or perhaps having multiple meetings available each weekend so everyone has a chance to make it to at least one.

I agreet with Brian’s idea as well. It also gives people more chances to join if they are unavailable on a qeek end.

1 Like

is this still happening? if so where do i sign up this sounds super fun

1 Like

Ya we should get this going lol. We can have a Pacific Group, Mountain Group, Central Group, and an Eastern Group.

1 Like

I like that idea. I’m on the East coast and as much as I wouldn’t mind building with people from all over there’s definitely an issue with time zones.

1 Like

Yeah, good idea! I’m going to set up an email specifically for this, so it doesn’t get lost in all my other stuff. I’ll post it later today, and what I need for people to sign up. I also need someone from each time zone to “run” the session for their’s, since I’ll be running the Eastern one.