Newbie here

I just watched my first gundam series, ( Mobile Suit Gundam, The Origin). Disappointed it was only 6 episodes but really enjoyed it. I was told that the origin retold the original story of the very first series of gundam.Can someone tell what series I should watch next?

Depends on whether or not you wish to watch them sequencially or jump around the series.

You might also want to check out Toksan’s guide:

By the way, there is actually a longer version of The Origin, extended up to 13 episodes version. The story supposedly to be fairly the same, just more extended.

I would like to watch them sequence if I can. I noticed Hulu only has a few of them on it.

Welcome to the Forums! The sequence of shows and movies goes like this: Mobile Suit Gundam, Stardust Memory, Zeta Gundam, Double Zeta Gundam, Char’s Counter Attack, Gundam Unicorn, Gundam Narative, Gundam F91, Victory Gundam.

The OVA’s 08th MS Team, and Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket take place toward the end of Mobile Suit Gundam, but it’s not necessary to watch it before watching these OVA’s.

There are also a number of Gundam series that take place in alternate time lines, such Gundam Wing, Gundam 00 and Gundam X.

Is the origin advent of the red comet the extended version of the origin?

Again, would recommend that you at least skim through Toksan’s guide as it offers some details and insight of the series.

As for the Advent of the Red Comet, yes, it supposed to be extended version. Did not watch that, so cannot say for certain, but according to:

Yes, it is. Just like the TV Unicorn and OVA Unicorn.

3 Likes

Not sure if we can still find the original Anime of Gundam these days… However, gundam the origin is in more detail about what happened before the Earth Federation can fight Zeon equally (before operation V and mass production of GM). All the efforts of General Revil led to the turning point of the 1 year war after the colony descend operation.

Next I would recommend to watch Gundam 0083 The Stardust Memory with a completely different set of characters. This story is about the Zeon remnants, Delaz Fleet, launched a retaliation against the Earth Federation after their defeat. The main antagonist Anavel Gato, is known as the “demon of the Solomon” during the 1 year war (Yes, he was from 0079 but did not appeared in the main story line of Amuro / Char). A large part of the story is about the transition of an Earth Federation ensign Kou Uraki from a rookie amatuer to a true rival of Gato. From the Zeon’s perspective, the root of the story is due to the capture of Gundam #2 (GP-02A) loaded with nuclear warhead which serves as an evidence of violating the Antarctica Treaty and hence a “noble” reason for them to declare war with the Federation.

So much for the spoiler here but I am sure you are going to enjoy it!

I did watch the origin, i really enjoyed it. I have watch the 08th MS team and currently watching the UC Unicorn.