Msn-04 sazabi master grade 1/100 questions

A friend of mine had a roommate ditch him and he left behind a lot of junk but amongst it was this model kit…seems to be complete and in good condition and my friend gave it to me and now I wanna build it…
The instructions are in I assume Japanese but look easy enough to follow as far as assembly. My questions come from never doing any models befor really and I don’t know if I need glue and I guess I wanna know how one goes about painting them…do I paint the pieces first or after…and any tips in general would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Some main advice I can give you, for one you don’t need glue. Though glue can be helpful with some kits and parts, but you don’t need it since it should just snap together.

What you will need is some nippers, a type of pliers for cutting out the parts before you can put them together. Also a nail file and something to do sanding would help. You can find kits of all the tools you need on amazon. Like these
https://www.amazon.com/Rustark-Gundam-Building-Repairing-Fixing/dp/B071LB1T5D/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=model+kit+tools&qid=1653677873&s=toys-and-games&sprefix=model+kit+too%2Ctoys-and-games%2C105&sr=1-5

I’m rather new to painting myself so I don’t think I can help there too much. But I do think it may be better to paint each part separately before putting things together. Kind of depends how much you want to paint and what colors you use. I would recommend using a primer or base paint first before using more colors.

Hope that helps, good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

If your going to paint you will need to wash the runners first to get the mold release agent off the parts, otherwise the paint won’t adhere to the parts right.

1 Like

Assembly is pretty straight forward, here’s a translation of the common assembly indicators you’ll come across.

No glue required (especially for the Ver Ka Version ((white box))

1 Like

Wow I assume its the Ver Ka kit. That is quite the kit to be left behind! Normally I would recommend a High Grade kit for newbies to try first, but since you inherited this one go for it! I would look how to panel line and how to apply waterslide decals. I believe the mg ver ka sazabi has those.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

2 Likes