Mechanica Tief Sturmer Deep Striker WIP

Not exactly sure what happened to the forum before, seems it is a whole new system now, my previous post all gone.

Anyway, I started this monster kit a couple of years ago, then put it on hold due to work etc…
recently started building it again. will post some pictures after this.

Over all the kit has been ok, most parts fit together, some parts had to be sanded to fit in etc… but not too bad,
glue is a must, the smaller joints/parts definitely needs it. also i think due to the physical size of the final build, glueing is required to keep it together.

i finished the shoulder canon and that alone is over 60cm.

Here some pictures of part i have already completed, mainly the shoulder canon, hand held rifle and some of the boosters.

each component average over 50 parts, the whole kit is 1800 parts.

1 Like

here are a few more pics.

what i did find with this mechanicore kit is the surface of large flat areas are not as smooth as bandai kits, or not consistent anyway, and because i am trying to go for that metallic look on parts of the weapon and boosters, i had to really sand the surface quite a bit to be able to spray paint it and get that shinny metal effect.

2 Likes

Which paint did you use for the gold color? It looked pretty good, especially on the rifle sight part.

for the Rifle sight i used standard Mr Hobby Acrrysion Gold N-9
for the other gold part i used Mr Metal Gold mixed with Mr Metal Copper, these are the paint that requires a buffing to bring out the metal look.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the reply. Those colors looked very good.

Some amazing paint work there! Beautiful colors.

Thanks.
recently finished two more boosters for the legs.

2 Likes

partially assembled. I still waiting on some decal work.

1 Like

getting close to finish. I

4 Likes

That thing is huge.

1 Like

What the… :scream:

What is the scale of the kit supposed to be? Seemed to be a little bit bigger than 1/100

Its a 1/100 mg. The thing is freaking gigantic.

it is 1 / 100, so the actual Mech is not that big, but Mechanicore made all the add on gear bigger in comparison i think.
it spans 900mm from tip of the canon to the back, i am thinking of building a display case for it.

Definitely looked bigger than 1/100 , either Bandai was off or Mechanicore was off. According to Dalong, the HGUC Dendrobium’s total length was about 1 meter and Bandai’s Deepstriker is about 3/4 or 2/3 of that,

So if Mechanicore one is about 90 cm, then that means it is bigger…

Anyway, that is a monster to display.

Saw the Bluefin twitter of Gozilla and was reminded of this Deepstriker,

Sorry for cluttering of personal opinions…

the kit is now complete, i might do some more weathering later if i have some time.
for now this will be it, i will build a display case for it and mount it on my wall… it has been a long build, 1800 pieces give or take. the painting took forever. i have posted some more pictures of the final.

3 Likes

That’s a beast! Well done!

What a beast. Well done for getting it finished

That thing is a monster! Looks amazing.