HG Gundam Byarlant Custom - Loading Dock Scene

Building the 1/144 HG RX-160S Byarlant Custom, planning a loading dock scene, something like the loader Ripley operated in the movie Aliens. CAT yellow, blacks and silver. Painting the tanks on his back LNG green. At first I thought this kit was tacky but I think it has potential …

3 Likes

Yo! The time has come. Can’t wait to see how this turns out. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Reassembled and added some panel lines. I’m liking this kit way more than I thought I would (despite the wacky backside). Next up are decals and weathering.

1 Like

Woah! Wasn’t expecting that color scheme. Nice! Ya don’t see yellow on alot of customs. Atleast in my search history. Really cool! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

I went waaaay out of my normal pallet. Figured I would let the weathering do some of the work ??

This is the kit I’ll be painting up for the loading dock scene:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H575QYK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Loved building this one. Off to the next build!

2 Likes

Man, you weren’t kidding about letting the weathering do the talking. It makes the wild color scheme feel natural, even for a rather out-there mobile suit like the Byarlant Custom. Another great job!

1 Like

Thanks a ton!