Help with the lacquer I brought

Ok guys, well my Zaku is very nearly completed just waiting on a 2nd weathering kit (to get the burnt blue for a few small patches). But i have a couple of question’s, I have attached a picture of the Clear coat I purchased the other day. Humbrol Matte Acrylic varnish, any of you guy’s used it? I was going to purchase Tamiya but this was pretty much half the price for a little bit more.

Shall I lacquer the kit as a whole or break it down? Logic tells me to strip it but I am happy with the pose lol. With the weathering pigments in place will the aerosol blow it off? I know it may seem a bit silly but don’t want to start spraying and it ruin the weathering.

Thanks in advance guys, appreciate all the tips I’ve picked up so far just wanted clarification on this particular paint.

What did you use for weathering?

I used the Tamiya Weathering master kits. The pigment seems to be well and truly in place but just wanted to make sure :slight_smile:

Hmmm, that clear coat says it’s acrylic so you should be fine. To be completely safe, apply it in light mist coats and build up your layers. Takes longer, but there’s less chance of it possibly eating through anything.

Thanks Dlinker just needed the clarification :slight_smile: I will give it a test run on a sprue first I think. I like spraying in light dusting coats as well so that’s spot on dude :slight_smile:

As long as you applied the tamiya powders firmly you should have no problem. If you’re really worried, you could apply a few drops of the humbrol onto bigger clumps of powder (if that’s what you’re going for, i don’t see any pics) and then let that cure so it will act like a glue, then just spray on your topcoat.

You’re welcome, man. Let us know how it goes for you.

Thanks Squee, I applied the pigment quite moderately with the sponge end so there doesn’t seem to be any loose bit’s. In a rush I forgot to even attach a picture.

Thanks Dude, I’ll top coat a few test sections later and let you guys know the outcome :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your help guy’s, much appreciated!!