Hello gundamforums πŸ‘‹ my first post!

Hi :raising_hand_man: just another new guy introduction. I made my first gunpla kit about 20~ years ago and loooved it. It was an rx78. I have been into anime and almost all things Japanese since I can remember. I studied comic book art at the Joe Kubert school and work now as an art director for a small book publisher. The books themselves are not always small though. I have been drawing and painting for most of my life and have been a dedicated bonsai artists for the last 5 or so years and I love it. I bought some model kits recently and want to get back into gundam model kits. I am hoping to find some inspiration here and I’m sure I will. In my excitement I even bought a beginner airbrush kit. The kind of kits I would like to make will have a more artistic feel to them that I hope will make them unique. I would like to start out with some cheaper kits that would give me a good canvas for creating something interesting and different, with an ability for customization and different color schemes and textures. I am hoping y’all can recommend some options for me and some process wisdom. I do like the challenge however of more complicated and fun, rewarding builds. I also like Kaiju and soft vinyl. Maybe sometime I can post some of my art if anyone is interested. I’m looking forward to learning from this great resource! Thanks and peace to all of y’all!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

I’m a lil late, but welcome!!

I’m new as well. Hello.

Welcome!