Gundam X ending and the Frost Brothers

So I just finished Gundam X and it was a good show. It was a little bland in some areas, but the characters, Gundams, and story were so great. One such things were the main villains, the Frost Brothers.

They were mobile suite pilots with the power to communicate with each other through telepathy. But because the federation was so obsessed with NewTypes, they were ignored and looked down on. So they desired to cause another war to make the world pay for ignoring them and their special power. They did this through manipulation, backstabbing, and showing no mercy to anyone. Yet they always cared for each other and had a strong bound despite how evil they were. Heck even the Gundam wiki list them as some of the most evil Gundam characters.

In the final battle of the show, both their Gundams and Garrod’s(The main character) Gundam Double X are destroyed along side the satellite cannon power source. This ends the conflict, as the brothers had already killed off the leaders of the Federation and Spacenoids.

6 months after the final battle, it’s shown that Garrod survives and is able to enjoy the peaceful world with his girl Tiffa. Thing is, the Frost Brothers also survived too!? Granted the older one is now wheel chair bound, but other then that they seem to be alive and well.

Now them being alive is not what got me questioning, if anything I’m glad they lived since they were so fun to watch. But they seem to no longer have any evil intent or hatred to the heroes and don’t look like they want to cause another war. Granted the last we see of them, they are just peacefully watching the heroes from a far in the last scene of the show. But I really feel like there was a story that the viewer didn’t get to see.

So I’m wondering what the story there was? Did they somehow reconcile with Garrod and Tiffa and give up their evil ambitions? Maybe even get redeemed?

Could some of you tell me what you think happened? Perhaps share some theories on what happened during the ending of Gundam X? Also what do you think of the Frost Brothers and Gundam X?

Have yet to watch Gundam X, cannot really tell you what happened. However, from your description of the brothers, it seemed like they were mainly angry at the Federation, or group of people in the Federation. By the end, most if not all of the higher ups were killed and their Gundams were also destroyed, so their original intended targets were gone and they do not really have issues with other people to begin with, that was probably why they just make peace with all the hatred and whatever. They were most likely battle with protagonists because they were in their way… Probably something like that…

1 Like