Gundam SEED Remaster - New Strike..?

For those of you who haven’t heard, Sunrise has been airing the Gundam SEED original series in a new HD remastered format, that features digitally remastered footage & even new, redrawn scenes here & there in just about every episode. It’s been going on for the last few months now, but in a recent issue of Gundam ACE magazine, this image of the Strike Gundam was released in regards to the remastered series:

Source: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/02/gundam-seed-hd-remaster-strike-gundam.html

This isn’t by far an original idea, as Destiny Gundam, the IWSP unit, & even the Strike Noir pull this off to varying degrees. Still looks intriguing, though.

Thoughts?

I wonder if those are like DRAGOONs on the pack? Very interesting. “If all else fails (or sells), add more backpack!”- Akutsu & Okawara design firm.

Ive heard mixed opinions on this, as I am wondering whether I should hold off on watching SEED and wait for the remaster or not (havent watched SEED yet, but have been interested in doing so). It seems like the criticism was that it really isnt a true HD remaster and features lots of the same footage with only the occasional redraw here and there. I compared the first episodes of each version and didnt see much of a difference between the old and the new, and the remastered footage just looks like they slapped a few filters over top of the original material which made the quality very inconsistent from scene to scene. Ill take FMA:Brotherhood as a prime example of how a classic series should be remastered: an entire fucking remake. I know that Dragonball Kai with it’s scene deletions was a travesty, but the remastered footage actually looked awesome. Ive never seen a remake this shoddy.

Unless they improved the writing too, SEED isn’t worth bothering with twice.

amen vince…amen.

That’s… the Super Strike. Supposedly, all the Striker Packs can be equipped to the Strike Gundam at the same time. I’ve read about on the Gundam Wiki, but I’ve never actually seen animated. Now that’s impressive.

The few clips I saw of the original series looked pretty good for the time. Maybe they animated some of the fight scenes instead of just putting in old used footage. That really annoyed me when that happened.

Why does everyone hate on the Seed series. I personally loved the Seed series. Everyone hates on Kira Yamato and I really don’t know why. He’s a good character and a new personality to the Gundam series. Then there’s Lacus Clyne to go with him. Then of coarse the Freedom, and later the Strike Freedom. What’s not to love?

If it’s true that all the Striker packs can be equipped to the Strike at once. Then perhaps we’ll get a way to do that with the RG version when the Skygrasper comes out in RG form. I know, assuming I like the RG series, plan on getting the Strike and the Skygrasper when it comes out.

Beats me what the haters’ problem is. SEED Destiny I can understand. But even though I agree that Destiny was a train wreck, it wasn’t a total disaster. It had great MS design & music, for one thing.

As for the Strike, the Master Grade is actually capable of equipping all Striker Packs at once, though because of all the bulk, it’s not very poseable, mainly because everything gets in the way of everything else:

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m108/p/m108_174.jpg

And there’s the SD Striker Weapon Set, which also does the same trick for both the Strike Gundam & the included SkyGrasper:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/198/e/b/SD_Super_Strike_Gundam_by_OvermanXAN.jpg

I’m curious to see if the RG can do the same. I have the HG Aile Strike, but I haven’t tried equipping all the other No-Grade 1/144 Striker Packs (which are compatible with it) on it yet.

I found Kira to be an entirely boring character.

Guess I’m “Team Athrun”. I was real excited when Athrun and Shinn were the protagonists of Destiny, but then Kira came in more and more.

I actually liked Kira myself. And I was a huge fan of Seed and Destiny. I have the entire series of Seed on DVD and plan on getting Destiny here soon. I thought that Kira’s character through Seed was caused mostly on the fact that throughout the series he was trying to discover just what kind of a person he was. And at the end of it he finally did. And that character was revisited in Destiny. And if you notice in Destiny he’s more grown up and serious vs. his child like mentality of Seed. In away his attitude in Destiny reminds me of Celestial Being in 00. Simply cause he despises the idea of war period.

At first, I did not like Kira. It wasn’t until he stayed with Lacus and got the Freedom that I liked him.

Im not gonna lie, i liked SEED. i like the mech Designs, i liked the Characters (especially Mu La Flaga…most badass character since Quatro, that is until Lockon lol), i liked the music, and the only REAL thing i actually disliked about SEED were the Somewhat weak plot (if you dig away the Naturals VS Coordinators, its just Space People VS Earth People, but it was still interesting to keep me on) and the fact that they “killed off” Mu.

Now for SEED Destiny…--…thats a completely different story. they say it was the Zeta Version of SEED, but sadly i didnt buy it. it had so much potential!!! but unfortunately they just went and FUBARed and SNAFUed it up…all in one series!!! i actually liked the Shin character and i was really disappointed that IMO Post Episode 39 he was just swept to the sidelines (he himself had the potential to be a noted character…he could have been the next Kamille Bidan…but like the plot and so forth, they(namely the director’s wife) had to not only destroy Shin (and the rest of the cast) but the show itself!!!). it was just a bloody trainwreck (as one GF member so acurately put it), the only thing i Actually liked about it was the Mecha, the Music, and the Fact that they brought back Mu. as for the rest of SEED Destiny…--…it was the biggest disapointment in Storyline, character development and Overall Execution of a series in the history of Gundam.

I think you’d change your mind if you ever saw G-Saviour. I’d suggest you sit down & watch it, but I wouldn’t wish that fate on my worst enemy… :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, I totally forgot about the G-Saviour movie. And I actually own it. Back when I 1st watched it. I didn’t think it was that bad. But after getting a few series under my belt, it’s horrible.

Ugh, those episodes where he was just laying around with Lacus doing nothing pissed me off.

But then he got the Freedom and went around BAMFing everyone to death.

oh ive seen G Savior, allow me to rephrase my last statement: as for the rest of SEED Destiny…-_-…it was the biggest disapointment in Storyline, character development and Overall Execution of a series (not movie Series) in the history of Gundam. G Savior takes home the gold for biggest disapointment in Storyline, Character Development and Overal Execution of a MOVIE in the history of Gundam.

SEED Destiny is not as bad as G Savior, but its still a huge disapointment compared to its Predecessor Series and all of Gundam to boot.

@thwalker13 - Yeah, I first bought it on VHS, and I can’t believe I actually paid money for it! It’s a bad sign that I actually fell asleep watching it, but to be fair, it was after a convention & I was tired, but geez…

@Kenyon - I get the feeling that Destiny is considered a major trainwreck of epic proportions not so much by how lousy the overall work seems to be, but rather how much of a disappointment it was, being the mainstream Gundam series at the time.

Thankfully, the Special Edition alleviates some of the inconsistencies & many visual boo-boos & improves the story a bit. And if you’re into those sort of things, games like Super Robot Wars & A.C.E. have done wonders for the storyline & have actually made Shinn likable(Gasp! No, really?!).

I watched Destiny in Special Edition form just to save time, and I liked how they made Athrun more prevalent.

[QUOTE=CKai Cydek;20153

• I get the feeling that Destiny is considered a major trainwreck of epic proportions not so much by how lousy the overall work seems to be, but rather you much of a disappointment it was, being the mainstream Gundam series at the time.

Thankfully, the Special Edition alleviates some of the inconsistencies & many visual boo-boos & improves the story a bit. And if you’re into those sort of things, games like Super Robot Wars & A.C.E. have done wonders for the storyline & have actually made Shinn likable(Gasp! No, really?!).[/QUOTE]

Really? i may have to see the SEs and sadly ive never played the SRW series or A.C.E. but now that youve mentioned them i may now have to get them to see for myself. lol

btw: HOW improved are we talking about when it comes to the Special Editions? could you PM me the differences? lol