Gundam: Build Divers - ReRise

The sequel to last year’s Build Divers is finally here, with the first two episodes unexpectedly dropping on the Gundam Channel’s YouTube page, complete with English Subtitles for those who require it.

After finishing the first two episodes, I’m glad to say that ReRise has gotten off to a MUCH stronger start than the original Divers and I’m much more invested in seeing where this story is going. Hopefully this quality will stick the entire journey. :slight_smile:

What did y’all think?

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out, and I’m also looking forward to all the cool custom gunpla.

As I said in a FB group, this is the first thing with “Build” in the title to get me excited, and having seen these two episodes now (thank you) I can say I’m even more so. Rarely does my liking kits and a series coincide outside of the UC timeline.

Haven’t had the chance to sit down & watch it yet.

I loved the original Build Divers even though it wasn’t great, so I’m super happy to hear people say nothing but good things about ReRise the past couple of days.

Looking forward to it!

The MarsFour Gundam might my favourite out of the three we know of so far (VeeTwo, Earthree & MarsFour). :slight_smile:

Earthree looks to be General purpose

MarsFour is CQC

VeeTwo is heavy weapons variant

Honestly I don’t care for the suit designs so far, but the story has been better than I anticipated.

Personally I can’t stand the pilot of the knight gundam.

same here.

He reminds of every annoying 12 year old who plays video games online

Veetwo is long range unit. It’s the grey purple one spamming the shots in the open. I’m just wonder if the pod wacom has a alternative mode, since chick said it was a 2 eye.

I’m betting it does since it has a pair of humanoid arms and hands.

Watched episode three last night. So far I’m liking the series. The Knight Gundam pilot is annoying, but there is always one that is.

Captain Zeon might be my favourite character of all time now. :heart_eyes:

Hiroto is a pretty cool character, my favorite of the main protagonist from ANY of the build series so far. I need to know who the hell the chick with the one earring is…

So far I’m liking the series. I think the vlogger idea within the GBN is an interesting touch. I’m interested to see how the story arc will carry on from here once an actual main antagonist is introduced.

Questions for you guys watching it. Has it stated how much time has passed since the events of the last series? And how would you all feel about a character from the previous showing back up as a cameo?

I do know that they mentioned the #1 Group from the last show. (I don’t remember the name)

I believe it’s been two-three years since the end of the original Divers.

And we actually did have Magee cameo in I think it was the second episode, where he was being asked about the strange “Story Mission” by Mei and he said he’d look into it. So long as the cameos make sense and don’t detract from the new character’s spotlight then I’m fine with it personally.

So I’m going out on a limb and I’m going to assume the world where the “missions” are taking place isn’t inhabited by NPC’s, but lifeforms similar to Sarah.

I wonder if the Death army is some sort of residual side effect from the use of the dark decals, or if it will be a completely different threat all together.

That’s a good theory! I’m hoping that we’ll get to see a super customized Devil Gundam somewhere down the line! And if so, maybe a model kit of it will follow…

That is actually a good theory Rxslinger. Hadn’t considered that one.