Grinding WIP PetitBuild

So I just finished building the one on the right. He’s an update of a previous build I had done. I got to admit I like how he turned out but that puts me at two out of threeand since they do not make a SDCS of the Banshee I will have to make my own. I plan on posting my updates to here so keep an eye out plan on starting tomorrow.

2 Likes

Day one I’ve gathered the materials and plan to start later on tonight on prepping the pieces. This is going to be a big build… At least in the amount of work needs to be done he’s still pretty short physically.

1 Like

Well I just realized I’m missing one component in the picture above but I’m getting it from Walmart tommorow. But I got the basic parts I need out and assembled now to break it up and start modding but that is work for another day.

1 Like

Well I wasn’t going to do anymore today but I got bored and started working on modifications for the head pieces as well as a modification for the back of the head. However I wasn’t a fan of the way the original helmets sensor array was looking (mostly due to its size) therefore I use the SDCS sensor and some plaplate to create a new one. Once I get finished doing basic prep I’ll go back and fit these to the head properly.

Well I’ve gone as far as I can for today. Today’s technically day three and I’ve painted and modded the rifle system, modify the head pieces to fit perfectly and spray painted all the pieces of the helmet that had to be gold along with some other areas just so they would be ready to go ahead of time. Hopefully the next time I work on this I’ll get to paint the pieces for the helmet and get them ready to go so that the head can be assembled prior to this weekend.

1 Like

Well today’s the end of day four. Unfortunately I have to go get ready for work but today I was able to not only mod all of the parts that I needed to mod but I was able to prime the shield completely, paint the rifle and glue it together, and start applying the metallic green. It’s coming along nicely.

1 Like

Well I finally got to use an airbrush for the first time with this project. due to their being so much white frame I figured it’d be a good idea to try it out just to see how it worked. I’ve had an airbrush for a while just never used it. I’m honestly really happy with the results even if it is just a cheap little airbrush.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with cheep airbrush, I used one today for about 2 hours that coat £6.99. Nice project as well but was thinking the Unicorn one would look better with red eyes… But that’s just me.

I actually considered red, The original one was in red. But when I was re-watching the anime I realized his eyes actually turned green in awakening mode. That’s the only reason I went with the shift.

2 Likes

super cute

Well thank you.

Hey guys so I didn’t get to get as much work done today as I would have liked but I was able to at least finish up the shield prior to panel lining. I got to admit I wouldn’t be this far if I hadn’t given the airbrush a shot.

2 Likes

Well he just needs to dry now and then I can panel line. Strange to think that just a few days ago he was white. I was hoping to have all my projects complete before I headed off for vacation but I don’t think I’m going to make that.

2 Likes

Hey guys I know it’s been a while since I posted. I was kind of cranking this guy out before I go on vacation but he’s done now. I had a few things I had to fix along the way but I think he turned out pretty good

2 Likes