Greetings from San Francisco

I couldn’t really use my account on the other forum, so I decided to make a new one. I don’t build kits as much anymore (I mostly collect Gundam artbooks) but I have followed this hobby for a long time. I look forward to sharing what I have collected and learned over the years.

1 Like

Welcome :slight_smile:

Greetings from a fellow Bay Area resident. Like you, I’m also not in the hobby anymore, but I was pretty active in it for about three years. Still love seeing a nicely-done model kit and people that are active in it.

1 Like

Also in the Bay Area! I’m looking for an IRL building community to help me develop my skills. Newtype is doing buildcon in SF this weekend so maybe I’ll meet folks there?

1 Like

Welcome to the forums, both of you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome. Tatsu hobby in San Jose does building events in their store every few months.

I’m interested in how buildcon will turn out, but I doubt I’ll be going.

1 Like

Welcome, I hope you both have a lovely stay on the forum~!

I have been down to tatsu. I know they have a great community. I’m in east bay so it’s a bit of a hike for me! I’m trying to see if I can connect with people a lil closer to home. 880s is brutal!

That’s not bad. I come from the valley. How was the build con.

Fun! Well organized - beautiful builds
Not overwhelming
Look forward to next year!

Did they have a lot if entries?

I’d say like 40? Not overwhelming. But like 3 long tables. I’m bad at guesstimating. A lot of good stuff on Instagram

Welcome to the forum! If you have any Advance of Zeta art I’d love to see.

1 Like

Thanks! Sorry I don’t have any pics of that

Anybody ever go to Boss Robot hobby in Berkeley? It’s been closed for like a year or two but that where I got my first kit.