Epic Speeches in Anime (Non-Gundam)

Just wondering where some amazing speeches in anime were. They can pop up in surprising places, such as this gem;

“You feel that? It’s hopelessness. It’s fear, panic, and terror! It devoured your little friend, and shattered all the good! But unlike him, the darkness has no use for you!” -Supreme King

Found that one in Yu-Gi-Oh GX, of all places. What have you guys found?

“You TRY to see a greater meaning behind the slaughter, but there…is only hatred…and pain…and nothing you can do about it. Pointless death…bottomless hatred…unending pain. THAT…is war.” - Nagato

“Motives for war are of no concern. Religion, ideology, resources, land, spite, love, or just because… no matter how pathetic the reason, it’s enough to start war.” - Nagato

“Those who do not understand true pain can never understand true peace.” - Nagato

“We are but men, drawn to act in the name of revenge we deem to be ‘Justice.’ But when we call our vengeance ‘Justice,’ it only breeds more revenge…forging the first link in the chains of hatred.” - Nagato

“It is precisely because we love that we sacrifice… and hate” - Nagato

“When one loves… there is the risk of hate” - Tobi

“Self-sacrifice…A nameless shinobi who protects peace from within its shadow…That is a true shinobi. Shisui taught me that” - Itachi Uchiha

“We don’t know what kind of people we TRULY are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realize what you are. That’s what death IS, don’t you think?” - Itachi Uchiha

“All people live relying on their knowledge and perception, and are thus bound to them. Those boundaries are what they tend to accept as “reality”. However, knowledge and perception are both ambigous, so “reality” could be nothing more than an illusion. People live trapped by their limited perception, do you see?” - Itachi Uchiha

All of them are from Naruto.

“…Truth…Those who seek it out, Unknowingly become obsessed that they are able to control this world…This tiny World!..The Incomplete Book of Gordon Rosewater, Written in his Younger Days, Depicts…the Final Days of Humanity…and the foolish humans who weild the power of God!..The Memories are Here, Negotiator!..A megadeus Chooses its dominus…you…You who possess the foollishness of both man and machine…It chooses one who is able to control the power of God Created by Man, one who is able to arrive at one Truth…THATS NOT THE CASE WITH YOU!”-Swartzhvalt, BIG O.

“Men who do nothing but dream…Should just stay in thier dreams FOREVER!”-Roger Smith, BIG O.

“You can destroy planets, but you can never destroy what I am, friend. I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!” - Goku

Got this one from a friend;

“Children… Let it be known that the eye of the all powerful Doom has fallen upon you this day. I’ve scanned your every strength, every weakness. Cross my path again, and suffer unspeakable consequences.” -Victor Von Doom

Throw away your logic and kick reason to the curb! Beautifully following the golden road! If there’s a wall, we knock it down! It’s a road built with these hands! The Magma of the Heart’s Final Ignition! Perfect Unification Gurren-Lagann!!! - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

:slight_smile:

“Sanity? HA! What would I do with something so useless! Fortunately I never had any!” - Squad 11 Captain Kenpachi Zaraki, Bleach

“What are you staring at? Mine is still more powerful!” , “My punches are dynamite!”, “Big mara ippo!”, “What did you say about our Gym?” “It’s not about size”, “Look, this one’s the biggest, we will call it Ippo”
“Champions have a special power, a power only possessed by champions !” “This power is a heavy burden consisting of everyone’s expectations, hopes and desires. I have to fulfil them.”
All of these quotations refer to Mamoru Takamura.

“noooo let go moron you’ll get dragged in with me!”
“no i cant let go i need you if im to become emperor!”
“look kid my whole being was extracted from him, and the powers that are trying to reclaim me are A LOT stronger than you are”
“YOU CAN’T JUST GIVE UP”
“(pauses)you know its not quite as good as king of the world but i could do with emperor of Xing, LETS FIGHT HIM TOGETHER EH, PARTNER!”
“Now thats more like it.” (gets punched in the face)
“HAHAHAHA”
“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!?!?!? you said we could fight him together”
“look theres no point in you getting dragged down with me”
“but how could you lie? you always said you didn’t believe in telling lies! how could you”
“and you fell for it, but ya know what kid, that was the one and only lie of my life, later”- Ling Yao and Greed, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Episode 63

KAAAAAAA-MEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAA-MEEEEEEE-HAAAAA !!!1

• everybody has figured out who the quotated one is.

Best Line in Dragon Ball Franchise ever…

I cant tell you how many times me and my bros drove my mom nuts yelling that out loud in the middle the night…7000…If you count last night lol.

Hmmm… I’'ve never dared to do that. If you don’t forget to do so, I’ll drive my mum nuts xD

over 9000?!

I don’t know if this counts but how about some DBZ Abriged lines.

“Vegeeeeta…Vegeeeeta…You are now thinking of what Zarbon did to you while you where Unconsious…have fun with that.”-Ghost Nappa

“NAIIILLL…we have a GUEST! TAKE HIS COAT!”-Guru
“But lord Guru it’s the man who mascared our entire race…(Frieza)”-Nail
“Don’t take his coat”-Guru

“Now if you ever find your self geting punched repeatedly in the face…”-Ginyu
Goku Punchs Jeice for about the 19th time
“Aren’t you gonna dodge any of these?”-Goku
"Dodge them that’s what the captain-"Jeice
Get’s Punched again

“I’m your white mage…and you don’t **** with your white Mage”-Dende.

Just lol.

This is so educational. - golden boy

This one is surprising.

“I realize now that the circumstances of one’s birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.” - Mewtwo

The first part excluded / Not regarding the first part, this quotations seems to be very surprising, considering Mewtwo respects “life” as present which also features your destiny/fate …

Definitely, I mean the guy goes on and on about fate and destiny all throughout the movie and his character is actually pretty deep for a pokemon movie. Regardless, I never expected him to say something like that in the end.

Meowth actually has a pretty surprising quote in the movie as well. It had something to do with how people should spend more time recognizing others’ similarities rather than their differences. And, if they ended up doing this, the world would be a better place to live in.

However, I’ve just remembered another quote said by Goku :

I’m going to slap some sense into you! (He angrily indicates his starting to inflict decent damage upon freeza, having gone super sayan)

‘Enough! Open up your eyes and look at the big picture; You’re all puppets of corrupt politicians and capitalists. Don’t you understand, its utterly pointless to fight each other.’ - Colonel Shikishima
'Look at what they abandoned in their panic, they were afraid! They were too scared, so they hid it away from the public. They forgot all shame and honor, cast off the civilization and science we had created, and shut the lid of the Pandora’s Box they themselves had opened. - Colonel Shikishima AKIRA - 1988