CycoXIII (@SoCalGunpla)'s WIP

I usually do, yes. It lets me see how it’s going to look before painting. Kind of helps me visualize the colors and what spots need to be painted.

Here’s my work on the Perfectibility. I love this guy so far, and can’t wait to paint him when I’m done:

2 Likes

That color came out AMAZING. Very deep and bold. Gives it a much more realistic metallic look from the snap build. I like it.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Judging from the V-fin, is it the HGUC one?

1 Like

Yessir. Just finished the build, I’ll post some proper pictures later. I am going to paint him, just when I have time.

Excellent, looking forward to it

1 Like

So, I suck at pictures, and haven’t had the time to do a proper photo shoot. But, here is the Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility.

Also, here is Gunner Zaku Warrior. I just finished this build, and will be painting it as well:

3 Likes

I need to pick up a master grade. Maybe this new Barbatos…

1 Like

I want the new Barbatos too. The MG looks so good.

Hey all! It’s been a minute. Work has been crazy (Still), and I haven’t gotten around to taking pictures. Here is what I just recently finished, and it instantly became my favorite RG. The RG Wing Gundam EW

3 Likes

So I’ve recently started something new. MG Heavy Arms Igel Unit. I’m going to do some hand painting and weathering on this guy. Used a Molotow Chrome pen for the Gatling guns in the chest, and Model Master’s Insignia Red for the missiles:

7 Likes

My first MG kit is a fantastic kit to build, just be careful when fitting the chest doors they can be a little tight.

2 Likes

Made some progress on him the past couple of days. Very happy with the red missiles. I have started adding the water slide decals last night (So I don’t have a mountain of decals by the end of the kit), so an updated picture will come soon as well.

1 Like

Build complete! All I’m going to do now is a few more water slides, and some weathering/battle damage

3 Likes

I find it a lot easier to apply weathering after a matt tops coat, only down side is it a lot harder to remove if you don’t like it.

Do you put another matte top coat on after, to seal the weathering?

1 Like

Yep. If you’re using weathering powders, you’ll want to use a spray top coat and not a brush-on one.

2 Likes

Yes definitely, I use a combination of paints, pastels, pigment powders and the odd bit of pencil sometimes so they all need a protective top coat.

1 Like

I should say it is possible to add weathering directly on to gloss or plastic you just have to be aware that anything you add is going to be very easily rubed off ( this can be a good and bad thing) and some technics don’t work at all well.

I find doing multiple colours of streaks using enamels just about impossible over gloss because the top layer rubs off the other layers.

Also using pastels over gloss or plastic is just about impossible, but chipping works fine. It’s allways advisable to try new techniques and methods on scrap plastic.

Have fun and let us know how you get on.

Cheers Brian.