CycoXIII (@SoCalGunpla)'s WIP

Here is my current WIP! I just finished airbrushing my Flauros. I learned a lot, but ultimately I love it. I still need to gloss coat, decal/panel line, and matte top coat. Let me know what you think, and what I could do better next time!

3 Likes

Looks great

1 Like

Nice! I did something similar with my Flauros, but I painted the tips of the V-fin gold instead of white like the show. Looks so much better than the sticker that comes with it.

1 Like

Thanks guys!

Char, I completely forgot about the white parts at the tip of the V-Fin. I’ll probably do that the Titan Gold, like the Yellow acceents that I have.

1 Like

Yes! That’s exactly what I did. I think it looks so much better than the white.

1 Like

This is what mine looks like

Google Photos

Please ignore the hideous nub marks…

1 Like

Haha it’s all good. Looks great! I need to go back and add this to mine. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Here’s my current WIP, the MG Sinanju Stein (Narrative)

2 Likes

Nice Stein! I finished mine about a month or so ago, did a complete repaint. Took me entirely too long but it came out great.

3 Likes

This looks so amazing! I just got the HG and you guys got me thinking about painting it!

Thanks French, I plan on doing a custom color scheme on mine too :slight_smile: Also, yours looks great. I follow you on Instagram, and love your work dude.

Go for it Char! He is such a fun kit, with so many possibilities of color combinations.

1 Like

Did you do a reverse wash for the chest and wrist emblems?

Thank you! And yes reverse washed!

1 Like

That is a nice paint job and good looking build French!!

2 Likes

Any plans for mods? Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

1 Like

Nothing too crazy. Custom pain scheme, make him pop a little more. I know the Stein Narrative comes with pieces from the original Stein (Like the beam rifle), so I will build that for him for sure.

I did think about modding the booster a little bit.

1 Like

Couple more pictures of my Sinanju Stein Narrative. Building is complete, and I found out that he cannot hold the second beam rifle in his left hand, due to the way the hands sit. So, I modified the rifle (Trimmed it up and sanded it) so he could hold it. And then, of course, I took an obligatory Wing Zero pose picture :smile:

Next is to prime him for painting.

2 Likes

Started work on the Narrative Gundam C-Packs to keep me busy while I get ready to prime and paint Sinanju.

I swear that you and I are on the same wavelength. Everytime I see something you’re working on I’m either just finishing the same model or about to build/purchase it.

1 Like

You got good taste my dude! I’m absolutely loving the kits from the unicorn and narrative series. They’re so much fun.