Coloring Book?

Hi, um yeah, I mostly do stuff in photoshop, since well unlike Gunpla, it doesn’t cost me money, and time waiting on shipping. With my experineces before now I have picked up a bit of skill I think, and decided I would try to share some of my stuff with the good folks here, since well, yall are gundam fans after all. Well I spent most of this evening trying to relax, and since the way things worked out with this name I decided I would color a Super Zaku F2000 in Shin Matsunaga Colors. Usual I limit the amount of work I do to an image to looking like it was official tech spec pics, but tonight I decided to screw with weathering, texturing, scratches, and a bit of lighting, and well here is the results. Tell me what you guys think. (no I did not draw the image, it is the black and white line art from gunpla builders for the unit lol.

wow shrinkage…

Alright fought my photobucket to get a better sized image uploaded and poof.

Oooh, that looks really well-done. I don’t know why, but it reminds me of the graphics from Borderlands, haha.

You wouldn’t happen to have some lineart ready for coloring in Photoshop, would you?

Not sure what you mean exactly. Do I have another project at the moment, no. As for premade pages, most of the lineart I use comes from book scans, and stuff like that, and I have tons of the stuff. Been doing frankens for years.I just wish they would release another Master Grade Databook with all the concept art like they did back in 2006.

I meant do you have a PSD file or something similar of line art that you can instantly start applying colors to in PS, instead of having to go through the work of preparing a lineart image.

I was going to work on getting some ready for future kits I’ll work on and if you have some already done, I was going to ask if I can get a copy. Sorry, I know it’s lazy of me.

Frankly I think its total Badassery. When can I get a platoon of them? Jke

A friend of mine wanted a shade job on a vectored image of the Amazing Exia, well I thought the lineart wasn’t very good so I completely redrew it, and redesigned it to a totally unique mobile suit, and custom colored it. It took me about 2 weeks to do cause of other stuff, and I didn’t get to post it up till now to share, but what do you guys think? I was pretty spent when I finished it, so the clean up work isn’t great on the cut out.

WARNING this is a 3 mb full resolution image.

Image Link

I’ve always been a fan of white Zakus, but you hit the nail on the head with the rust effect. It’s noticeable, but not overdone like on the White Ogre.

That Exia is freaking gorgeous. The decals, the glow effects, everything. Spot on.

You should enter in GG’s coloring contest. I’m sure you’ll do well in it.

That Exia is drop dead sexy! You do some excellent work in it. Got anything for the Sinanju Stein?

I seriously think it looks like it was done by a graphics designer with plenty of experience to draw upon. That’s some darn good coloring work, right there. It’s so good that I wouldn’t mind trying to convert that into the actual kit itself.

Yesterday, 11:26 PM
Bossguy

I've always been a fan of white Zakus, but you hit the nail on the head with the rust effect. It's noticeable, but not overdone like on the White Ogre.

That Exia is freaking gorgeous. The decals, the glow effects, everything. Spot on.

You should enter in GG's coloring contest. I'm sure you'll do well in it. 

Thanks Boss, I need to work on the shadows of that image again, since they are a little rough since my style evolves every image. Thankfully I still have the .psd of it. I like doing weathering effects from time to time, but have noticed some people go way overboard on them, vs well, what I think would be allowed to happen in reality. No service team is gonna let their war machines rust that bad without spraying them down with a fresh coat of paint.

Thanks alot.

I wanted to, but the shear amount of entries at this point has taken up most of the color schemes that would look good. I may have one gag one that might do well, only cause no one else has done something like it, but there are plenty of good artists in that contest, and I am very late on getting to pick a color layout. The week in the hospital definitely didn’t help.

Yesterday, 11:40 PM
thwalker13

That Exia is drop dead sexy! You do some excellent work in it. Got anything for the Sinanju Stein? 

Not yet, though I probably could do something at some point in the not to distant future. Right now I am thinking about doing my gag color scheme on the Dark Matter Exia, and entering it on GG’s contest. Other than working on my new game, I’ll be free after that, and I’ll try to make something up since I know your a big fan of that suit.

Dlinker

I seriously think it looks like it was done by a graphics designer with plenty of experience to draw upon. That's some darn good coloring work, right there. It's so good that I wouldn't mind trying to convert that into the actual kit itself.

Thank you for your compliments sir. I’m always trying to get better, just cause of it being a personal hang up of mine. I always wanted to be a graphic artist when I was younger, but my hand skills on traditional mediums plateaued early in high school. Which meant at the time, no where to go. Was a double hit when 2 members of my extended family in my age range, went on to work for 2 out of 3 of the largest comic book publishers (jealousy, and self doubt are really a bitch! lol).

As some one who did the image, I welcome you to try, and will wish you a massive amount of luck if you attempt it. Your skills will probably handle the task with ease, though you’ll cuss me for making so many changes lol.

Thanks for all the replies guys, and well wish me luck, cause I think I will try to do at least on entry for GG.

Do you happen to have a copy of that Amazing Exia with your watermark on the bottom corner or something? I’m planning on keeping the image in my files as a future planned kit and I want to make sure I remember who created it because this is a pretty unique re-design and, me being a huge fan of the color blue, it has a color scheme that is too good to pass up.

Holy hell that is one gorgeous looking artwork.

O_O

You should totally do one for the Nu Gundam, even a recolor or something lol.

This is beyond incredible man.

Also as far as that picture. Fuken’ Saved.