Hey folks. So been working on this one for the past couple weeks on and off. Usually I’m working on 2-3 kits at a time so that I can jump between kits and not burn myself out. Finally finished putting down the base coat on the RG Strike Freedom tonight, and I thought I would share.
Unfourtnately, while I was reassemblying everything together, I accidentally snapped the peg that’s on the waist. Which is why you won’t see the painted railgun. The cement is still curing, and I hoping that it’ll hold. I was not a happy camper when it happened.
So just as background, I used a Master G23 with Mr Color Acrylics for the majority of the kit. The only part that’s not Mr. Color is the gold frame. That was painted with Tamiya. Everything was thinned with 91% alcohol, and everything was sprayed on top of Vallejo Primer. I was able to match up to the original colors for everything but the dark blue sections. I think what I did wrong there was I tried to bring more blue out, but what I needed to do was add more complementary color to make it darker. BTW, the entire frame is painted gold, so none of the cheap looking yellow crap.
Once the peg sets again, I’m gonna be clearcoating it with Futures, and then start working on the panel lining. After that, another layer of futures and the decals.
Enjoy… (Photos taken with a Fuji X-Pro 1) Love the colors that this camera puts out.