Built my first Gunpla

I was at the store today with my son when we came across some Gunpla kits for around $12 piece. My son is starting to get into gundam so what the heck why not, so I bought a HG Barbatos Lupus Rex. It’s been a good while since I built a model, probably since my early teens. It’s nice i don’t have to use that toxic as heck model glue anymore, I think I might to buy some more now. Question is, this was way to complicated for my son to put together (he’s 6) is their a simple kit for him to be able to build?

1 Like

There are a few smaller kits that would work for him, such as the Acguy Bear or Haro sets. Some older kits do the trick too. I remember my first kit was an SD Gundam mk IV (I was around 9 or 10 at the time) and while not perfect it was enough to get me started.

How old is your son? If he around 5/6 a petitgguy is a good option.

Toxic!? Nothing smells better than model glue!!!

Regardless, great looking model! Bandai just released the Entry Grade RX78-2, that would be a great starter kit for him.

Can try the HGUC Gunpla Starter set for him.

The Gunpla Starter set is perfect for those looking to get into the world of Gundam Plastic Models, times two! With this set you get to build the HGUC RX-78-2 Gundam and the Zaku II. Both kits come molded in color and utilize poly-caps for joints. Also included in this set is a How-to Guide showing you what tools you need, how to properly remove the parts from the runners, and details the assembly. The guide also has a section showing you how to ‘Step Up’ your gunpla through the use of glue and markers.

1 Like