Building a Builder 2 of 3

So I posted my first building a builder last week and I wasn’t expecting to have the next part in until sometime next week however it came in a bit early so I was able to get started early. So here’s my haro loader all built and ready for the paint shop (actually I have to do a bit of cleanup first on him). However before he goes there I still need to learn a bit more about how his mechanics work and see if there’s a way to improve him. That being said he is exactly what I thought he would be from looking at the pictures and will be a perfect fit for my team.

I will say this though these things are a lot bigger than I thought they’d be. I don’t know why but I expected them to be smaller.

2 Likes

So after two coats of primer I’m almost ready to actually start painting this guy. I’m applying a lot of what I learned from the last time in order to improve this time. That being said that is one bright orange.

With any luck I’ll be able to paint him tomorrow. However tomorrow’s my first day back to work so I might not get it done tomorrow.

1 Like

So it turns out I had plenty of time to work on it tonight. I got the yellow down although there’s a few spots I don’t like how they look I’m going to try to fix them with the brush later but those spots are pretty much hidden anyways so I’m not too worried. I still need to detail paint along with a matte and gloss coat but so far so good. Plus I have to figure out what I’m doing to this haro… I’ve never seen one like this before.

Also I learned something new today if for some reason when using an airbrush if you forget to put the fluid nozzle back in your airbrush it will bubble and spurt in the cup.

1 Like

Manual details and decals are added now to top coat and panel lining then the main body will be ready. I still need to work on the Haro.

1 Like

Is that Alien Exoskeleton yellow?

Yep, I painted the Haro Loader main body (the orange part) Vallejo Mecha Yellow Ochre.

Cool. Never seen the movie completely, but do remember the exoskeleton from couple scenes and the toys.:smiley:

I had the same idea, when they announced this kit, I just haven’t bought one yet.

1 Like

So, this is the completed body minus paneling. Next up is the haro. With any luck I will have that done by the end of next week. Sadly (but in a good way) things are picking back up at my work again so I won’t be able to pump out as many projects as I have been over the last two months.

1 Like

So I hit a small snag working on the haro ball. for some reason my top coater made it look like the parts were made out of denim. I used Krylon Matte Finish 1311 (I was being a bit lazy). The upper part of this picture is the way it’s supposed to look on the bottom is the way the stuff made it look. Obviously I went back and repainted…I’m going to use the proper topcoat this time.

but I figured I’d share this in case anyone wants to make their gunpla look like it’s made out of denim.

So it’s been a bit since I posted anything on this build. But I finally got it finished and I wanted to give you guys the update. it took a little longer than I would have liked just because I had to go back and fix a few things on the way but here’s the final results.

2 Likes

Love em, can’t wait to see the final one

1 Like