Believe in the sign of Zeta. (MG Gundam MK-II 2.0.)

A Gundam? No no no. THE Gundam. The RX-78-[0]2 is definitely more iconic, but it’s the RX-178 Gundam MK-II that’s more important IMO, as it is the (first) lead suit from the show that turned Gundam from a popular single show to a full-on franchise: the widely acclaimed Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. And honestly? As someone who has had the Real Grade for sometime, it was more than worth it upgrading to the MG 2.0…

This kit is great! The starter of the 2.0. era of Master Grade Gunpla, this kit has stellar articulation, good accessories, fantastic decals, a solid build, and it just looks so good. The MK-II and its successor, the Zeta, are just fantastic designs, and this kit does it the most justice. It even has the cockpit represented as a ball-esque construct, representing the MS cockpits of the post-Operation Stardust Universal Century and continuing to be used in post-Stardust UC MG kits even to this day (including the MK-II’s true predecessor, the NT-1).

Oh, and because of the fact that it uses the mid-2000s hand style, unlike the Real Grade, you can actually recreate the scene from Zeta’s opening sequence where the MK-II has its shield destroyed by a Hizack and it pulls out a Beam Sabre in response!

Really, barring how the kit uses poly caps in the legs, meaning they’ll loosen up overtime, this kit is one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. When I get to watching Zeta, I can’t wait to see this suit in action.

1 Like

The Mk.II has always been one of my favorite Gundams. Looks great, awesome work!

1 Like

The only thing I got wrong was that I used the same hand-peg thickening manoeuvre I used on the RX-78-2 2.0: Brushing the completed hands with glue. This means that the fingers are a bit loose and that they also look not up to snuff, so I’ll instead apply the glue before assembling the hands next time I build a kit with this hand configuration.

Still came out perfect, though!