Barbatos mg battle damage

So I watch a YouTube video “ray studio” on how he did his battle damage snow covered barbatos. And I loved it. In his videos it looks that something reasonable and I thought I would give it a go. Previous to this I would only make models with weathering effects but never battle damage.

I learn a lot from this build.

1. I regret the battle damage on the head. It is too much and takes away from the model. I wouldn’t do it like that if I could do it again
  2. I thought it would be next to do the chest damage like claws where as ray did one single large rake across the chest. Ray’S effect is much better.
  3. I dry brushed the entire inner frame. I think that was not needed. Ray only did some.

I learnt many other things as well but those were the major lessons. The materials and tools I use mainly the same as what Ray’s video was. But he ultimately did more advance things, including so really customs techniques.

If you type snow barbatos you will find his video easily.

2 Likes

I think this looks amazing. You did some stellar work here!

2 Likes

thanks. much appreciated.

You should he proud of yourself a lot of people wont even attempt to weather a kit, let alone do battle battle damage. Keep you the good work.