A question about paints, and Primers;

Will Gaianotes paints go on Mr Surfacer 1200? Ok, or should I get Gainotes Nazca Surfacer, or the mechanical gainotes surfacer?

1 Like

I can’t say for certain. My gut answer would be yes, as they are both laqceur bases.

Though when in doubt test on a spoon or a testbed model. Some old HG that you messed up and is now just a test dummy.

1 Like

Yeah, that was my thoughts too, I was just wanting someone else’s input that may have had experience with those paints. I’m used to just acrylic paints, this is the first time I’ve really dabbled in Lacquers.

1 Like

I just tried Lacquers for the first time a little while ago. The big thing I learned was to apply a wet coat over your primer, no layering. I got a dusty effect when I did.

A wet coat is just a gloss coat right?

1 Like

A “wet coat” is when you lay down a lot of paint in a single pass. You have to be careful because if you spray to much paint it can run.

1 Like

Got it, thanks

I should have clarified. Just like @Rxslinger said. Its a coat that covers in one pass. So when it goes down it should look wet/glossy.

With acrylics I had airburshed with 2-3 light coats. Each one covering just partially. But for what ever reason when I tried this with Laqceur it seemed to go down dusty and wouldn’t adhere. So it could be rubbed off even with a finger.