Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Character Wars

Character Wars

Okay, since SFA had started a thread about MS battles, I figured lets have a thread where we can debate which characters were the best. Can be Pilot vs. Pilot, Captain vs. Captain, so on so forth. Everyone is free game, just so long as they stay in the same league. No Pilot vs. Captain bits going on here.

Debate based on achievements, tactics, moves, abilities, physical strength, not on MS power.

Example 1:
    "Setsuna is better than Duo because OO can use trans-am"
    Do NOT do that. We're not debating over suit power. However, feel free to take into account what a pilot can do with a specific suit.

Example 2:
    "Duo is better than Setsuna because Duo took on a horde of Taurus Mobile Dolls using nothing but a leo and sheer piloting ability and won."
    This is a good example of how to incorporate suits into a debate.

This will also work based on SFA's system. One battle at a time. No piling up of battles. You have an idea? PM me about it and you'll be put on the waitlist.

I'll start things off with a recently popular one.
    Fon Spaak vs.

Hixar Firmi

For those of you that don't know who these two are, they are from the Manga OOF, a side story to OO. If you need information on them, here's profiles for each of them:
    Hixar:
    http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Hixar_Fermi
    Fon:
    http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Fon_Spaak
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Gotta go with Fon Spaak, hes got that passion to fight and he took on two innovades and bested both of them. and of course hes so badass he got thrown out of a terroist group.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Fon Spaak. He figured out Celstial Beings existance on minor details and a hunch, pretty much knew Bring Stabitity was an Innovade, and found one of the main terminals that Veda functioned in. And he took that terminal, convinced Gundam Meister 874/Hanayo to think for herself which led to her saving Fon when the Trinity Meisters used their hacked knowledge to initiate the bomb around his neck. Which he survived. Used his 2nd generation Gundam Astraea to take out a group of GNX-IIs, plus he was the one to convince Hixar to fight and be a meister thru his own will, not because he was chosen by Veda to be her eyes.

Fon Spaak is among the best of the Gundam Meisters, and if he had believed in Aeolia's plan he would have replaced any one of the 3rd generation meisters. Hixar is merely a tool to be used by Veda, and that's how he defined himself until he met Fon Spaak. If it wasn't for Fon Spaak, Hixar Fermi would have been forever haunted at the fact that Veda decided that Grave Violento needed to die in order to further the plan. That Veda (or Ribbons) forced Hixar's innovade self to kill his friend, and Fon convinced him to live as a human. Bring even calls Hixar a fellow Innovator and Hixar told him he was not, that he may not be human but that "he does not exist to carry out and fulfull the plan".

Fon Spaak, is the winner.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

(Really? Didn't I accidentally start this ha ha)
    I am gonna go with Hixar. In the manga, yes, both are badasses, but Fon is reckless. Hixar knows more and can pilot a Gundam better than Fon Spaak. Plus, HIXAR'S COAT! You can't beat that thing! He is a complete gentleman in public and a concentrated warrior in the cockpit. I'm going with Hixar.
    (My brother and I watching 00)
    ZeonPeon: Why are the canisters on his knees? Why not on his back?
    SilverFrameAstray: Because, you can get shot in the back.
    ZeonPeon: YOU CAN GET SHOT IN THE KNEES!
    Then, laughter was had.

When it comes to Fon and Hixar, my opinion is the same as Chall's.
    I was led astray by bad directions.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    When it comes to Fon and Hixar, my opinion is the same as Chall's.
    Lawlz.
    Damn. I hate to feel all bandwagonny, but I have to go with Fon. The man is just cross. Reckless, of course, but he hasn't even really done any damage to himself.

Besides, who else can take a flag (or maybe it was an enact) to the face and get back up afterwards. (second volume of 00F).
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFrameAstray View Post
    Lawlz.
    Damn. I hate to feel all bandwagonny, but I have to go with Fon. The man is just cross. Reckless, of course, but he hasn't even really done any damage to himself.

Besides, who else can take a flag (or maybe it was an enact) to the face and get back up afterwards. (second volume of 00F).
    It was an Enact by the way, and he didn't just take it to the face he got buried by it, brushed all the scrap off, and screamed at Hixar "It's about time you got serious, it's no fun just sitting and watching anymore, is it? AGYAGYAGYAGYAGYAGYAGYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Super Moderator
    I don't really have an opinion here, as I haven't read 00F yet, but...

Hixar = Silver Sable
    Fon = Chamber
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

I think this would be a more appropriate picture to represent this battle of characters.

It's from 00F Volume 3, right in the beginning.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

I think it's pretty clear that Fon Spaak is our winner for round 1
    Round 2:
    Bright Noa

VS.

Sumeragi Lee Noriega
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Gotta go with bright noa, he b**** slapped a powerful Newtype and had the guts to turn on the Feddies even if that ment it would endanger his family. and to top it all off, he actually made his son Hathaway stand trial and handed down his sons execution in Hathaways Flash. that takes guts to do that even though it hurt in hindsight, and even though it was his own son, he put the Federation and Common law before his own son. now i know that sounds cruel but thats dedication and honor if you ask me. Sumeragi, no offense but she may be a brilliant tatical forecaster but shes a whiney girl when she makes one little mistake and shes a booze hound.(in the beginnign of both S1 and S2)

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

the posters' or mine?

Sword Freak

Hmm, a busty drunk girl, or the most amazing captain ever. Damn... Uh, I'm still gonna have to go with Bright, even though I love that woman.
    (My brother and I watching 00)
    ZeonPeon: Why are the canisters on his knees? Why not on his back?
    SilverFrameAstray: Because, you can get shot in the back.
    ZeonPeon: YOU CAN GET SHOT IN THE KNEES!
    Then, laughter was had.

Super Moderator
    Sumeragi is being grossly underestimated here.

She is a brilliant captain and "tactical forecaster", yes she puts a lot of pressure on herself, but how could you not after what she'd been through? She manages to outfox a ton of the world's best military minds, even if she's half-drunk or suffering a hangover, and still be a smokin hot woman. Heck, a lot of the time, she's not even in mechanical control of her own ship/Mobile Suit team.

That all said, Bright is Bright; and no one can really touch him (unless it's during ZZ). Just don't write off Ms. Sumeragi so quickly; she'd whoop all y'all combined, with a bottle of JD in her hand.
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"