Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Thread: New Kit Builder

New Kit Builder

Hey everyone I'm Matt, and feel free to call me either Matt or Worm. I bought my first model kit yesterday and finished it tonight! I decided on the HGUC Unicorn Gundam in regular unicorn mode with the head base limited or what ever. i guess its a limited edition, but since im new to the kit building community i wanted to know if there were any tips, tricks or advice that anyone would like to give me. id take all the help i can get and any help you guys do offer would be much appreciated I'm glad to be apart of this community and cant wait to start building more kits in the Future

-Worm

I've always thought about getting the HG unicorn but never had the chance to get it with me trying to complete my gundam OO collection. The one advice that I would give you is to try and be creative with the kits you get, this might be a little soon but try to paint it in a different color than its original scheme.

Administrator
    I started out doing just some small painted details. I'm doing more panel lining and those details now. And learning how to do custom paint jobs on kits. It's a learning process. My advice is pick up a lining marker and have fun in detailing and making your kits look much more awesome.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

I am currently living in a room with a moose.
    Do I catch an earthworm jim reference in the name or is that just me

Haha yes RX-78-2 that is of course an earthworm Jim reference lol! used to be my favourite TV show as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    I started out doing just some small painted details. I'm doing more panel lining and those details now. And learning how to do custom paint jobs on kits. It's a learning process. My advice is pick up a lining marker and have fun in detailing and making your kits look much more awesome.
    Yeah i do have a small tipped black Gundam Marker and i did detail a couple parts of my Unicorn gun dam and it is starting to look better, but you know being new and it being my first kit i do get concerned with screwing up :P but i guess it just takes patience, practice and time

Administrator
    That it does Matt. I've been building Gunpla for many years. And I learn a new trick with each and every kit I build. But, the best thing about a Gundam Marker like that. Is it just wipes right off if you do screw up a bit.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar