Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kits You Regret Buying

Ok, I was just starting to regret buying a certain kit and was wondering if anyone else regretted buying a kit for any reason.

I regret buying the hg O Gundam. I was so caught up in its effect part awesomeness that I forgot to realize that I was never too crazy about the O gundam design. Also, the lack of colors makes it for a dull build for me. :/ I can't even muster up the enthusiasm it takes to finish building it.

Anyone else that regrets buying a certain kit?

Most of my NG UC kits. The majority of them have been redone as HGUCs anyway, and the engineering on the old NGs really, really blows. Luckily, I've only got a half dozen or so....

now are we talking about the GN 000 from the 00 series? Because I bought the same kit and I really enjoyed it. But let me think back, I know I have bought some atrocious kits but most of those were the NG UC line and I kinda had my fun with destroying them. I know I bought almost all of the X and wing 1/100 NG kits they said they were HG kits but honestly if that was HG at the time, it was a huge joke. But for now I really try to avoid buying a kit I won't like only because I really study each kit before I purchase them, and half the time I'll watch a video review of it if I am still that much on the fence about purchasing that particular kit.

For me the 0 Gundam was really a iconic piece I needed for my collection only because that first scene from Gundam 00 season one the GN000 looks amazing up in the sky almost angelic one would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundamben831 View Post
    I know I bought almost all of the X and wing 1/100 NG kits they said they were HG kits but honestly if that was HG at the time, it was a huge joke.
    Oh, those were totally HG for the time. The 1/144 NGs were so much worse.

So far out of the 400+ kits I own there has been only one kit that I wish I never would have bought.

1/100 Master Grade Hi-Nu Gundam.... from TT Hongli!
    I knew going into it that the model was going to be bad. I knew there would be fragile plastic and bad parts fit and all of that, but I didn't realize HOW bad it would be! For anyone who has build the MG Hi-Nu, you know the elbow joint for the upper arm is a ring you plug the elbow joint into, they came pre-broke. The backpack armor came snapped in two. The blue beam saber blades are full of bubbles. But the worst part is the eye/head camera part is somehow too small for the head. Plug it in and get the head all built, the eyes sit fine but the head camera just barely pokes out from the head so I have to paint the inside of the mohawk silver and then clear green so it looked like the camera was sort of in there.

I mean, I know bootlegs are bad and I got what I paid for, but no other bootleg I've bought has been that bad since.

Guys, just stick with Bandai.
    Until Next Time: Happy Building!
    -Joe
    Joe's Gunpla Blog
    My YouTube Channel
    Current Backlog: 189 kits
    Currently in progress: MG Nu Ver Ka, RG Justice, Other stuff...
    Recently Completed: MG Guntank.

1/100 HG Wing Zero Custom. Why? Paid $40 for it and I could buy it for much less online :/

The only kit I truly regret buying was the 1/144 scale Union Flag. You wanna talk about a model that was a joke?! There was no way to cover the ball joint connecting the hands so they kept falling off. It's the only model I've ever been so pissed off with that I threw it in the garbage.
    SIEG ZEON!

Pure SEED Hater and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Focke Wulf View Post
    1/100 HG Wing Zero Custom. Why? Paid $40 for it and I could buy it for much less online :/
    Is that kit any good at least ? I somehow intend to buy Gundam Deathscythe Hell 1/100 HG estimated to be in the same category, therefore I'm doing some investiagation concerning with it.
    Anime is for kids

I bought one of the GSaM mystery boxes last year. Kind of regret buying that, not that the kits were really all that bad just not really anything I was looking forward to receiving. I got a HG Brave Standard which I freaking love. HG Infinite Justice, which is cool looking... not really my style and to be honest I probably would never have bought. Then I got a Nobell Gundam which is just stupid IMO. Over-all though I'd say I was pleased because the box didn't cost much and at least 2/3 kits were really fun builds.

I'll buy another one this year, if they can guarantee an HGUC kit in the box... if not, then I probably won't buy one.
    Grunt Mobile Suits FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathscyhte! View Post
    Is that kit any good at least ? I somehow intend to buy Gundam Deathscythe Hell 1/100 HG estimated to be in the same category, therefore I'm doing some investiagation concerning with it.
    If it's $40 for a HG you're being ripped off.

I think the only kit I ever regretted was the HGUC GP-03, I guess I was expecting something different and the final design didn't really work for me. But that was a long time ago, and maybe things have changed. I haven't wanted to build another one though.

Super Moderator
    I think the only kits i really regret were the MG Master Gundam (no cloak crappy rubber hands) and the HGUC Dendrobium. Bought it when i was still new so i didn't really put the effort into it that i would now, and honestly, i don't want such a big kit that takes up so much room. A mech would be fine because it's really just tall and wide, but the depth of that thing took up too much room. Glad to have sold it.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

HG Cheridum GNHW and Forever Gundam so far.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

HGUC ZZ Gundam.

It's just so...completely unfun. I hate that I bought it, and bought it brand new no less.

The Robot Damashii figure will easily replace it.

HG Duel Gundam with Assault Shroud for me. I bought it as part of my plan to work with three HG kits before starting an MG kit, but I never got around to it. Now, I don't really have any drive to build it so it's kind of a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma View Post
    If it's $40 for a HG you're being ripped off.

I think the only kit I ever regretted was the HGUC GP-03, I guess I was expecting something different and the final design didn't really work for me. But that was a long time ago, and maybe things have changed. I haven't wanted to build another one though.
    You comprehended me enquiring after "that" improperly. I hadn't regarded the price - everything I had persuaded to ask you was whether the kit was decent or not.
    According to my research, it is usually sold/offered for 1,200 Yen
    Anime is for kids