Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266671727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1151

Re: Which model kits would you like to see get made?

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    ^I really don't care for the God gundam design, but that would be a suit that would really show off the articulation of a RG. It would be a great choice!
    I didn't think I was super crazy about it either, until I brought out all my old MSIA figures to get ready to sell, and I noticed that the God Gundam easily had the best proportions out of any of the figures I had. It really gave me an appreciation for the design, and I thought, like you said, that an RG frame would compliment it really well.

I'd definitely buy one if they made it, and I'm not a huge G Gundam fan.

In terms of Late U.C. Mobile Suits, I would like to see a Perfect Grade 1/60 LM312V04 Victory Gundam.

It would definitely need an overhaul in mechanics though

Quote Originally Posted by Iris_Aznable View Post
    It would definitely need an overhaul in mechanics though
    I never built the original MG victory Gundam from 2010, most likely due to the purported stability issues behind it, along with allegations of the think falling apart constantly. I also heard that these problems are exacerbated when the Core Booster is involved in Mobile Suit mode.

Super Moderator

If you can hunt one down for a decent price, there's the old 1/60 Victory Gundam.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouf_Ball View Post
    I never built the original MG victory Gundam from 2010, most likely due to the purported stability issues behind it, along with allegations of the think falling apart constantly. I also heard that these problems are exacerbated when the Core Booster is involved in Mobile Suit mode.
    The only major issue I've heard about the MG Victory Gundam is that the polycaps they used for the hip joints are fragile, and that if they're not handled properly they will break.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

That and the articulation isn't that great and the legs like to split apart due to the transformation.

Is it just me, or by time Bandai makes a PG Victory Gundam, they would have the Hexa's Core Fighter as a P-Bandai exclusive?

- - - Updated - - -

Whilst I try not to expect Bandai to announce a new Perfect Grade until 2020, due to the release of the PG Exia this past dismember, I have been wanting to express how I might imagine Bandai remaking the PG RX-78 from 1998.

Talking Point 1: More color/part separation.

Being a 90's Gunpla, the PG RX-78-2 Gundam pales in comparison to modern day Bandai Model Kits in terms of quantity of pieces per surface area. Case & point, the MG RX-78-2 Gundam ver.2.0 has detail in the bolts on the Shield when built right out of the box in which the PG RX-78-2 Gundam's counterpart lacks. See for yourself what a ten year difference made (images below taken form Dalong).

p01_gun6.jpg
    PG Gundam (1998)

m111_34.jpg
    MG Gundam Ver.2.0 (2008)

Furthermore, look at how many parts comprise the head of the RG Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina from March, 2017 (image below taken form Dalong.net).

rg24_j_head.jpg

Now imagine what a 20+ year difference could make or break a potential remake of 1998's PG RX-78-2 Gudnam?

Talking Point 2: Wireless LED Units

With the recent trend of Perfect Grade, 1/60 scale Mobile Suits ever since the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam form 2014, I would like to see light up thrusters in the RX-78's soles and back. This will be reminiscent of the HY2M Glorious Series Gouf and Rick-Dom (image below taken form Dalong)

hyg3_35.jpg

However, due to the RX-78's core block system, having the LED units wireless will be the most efficient way for the as of now non-existent Remake of the PG RX-78-2 to follow the "Lighting Model" trend of modern Perfect Grades.

Talking Point 3: Opening Hatches

For those who either don't remember, or have not yet looked back at the 48th Shizuoka Hobby Show, there was a Modified version of 1998's PG RX-78-2 Gundam which demonstrated a then unprecedented amount of opening hatches. Kakarot197 even mentioned this in a video that pre-dated the announcement of the Perfect Grade GN-001 Gundam Exia back in autumn of 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx_1AfLa-P8

Speaking of the PG Exia and it's Opening Hatches, what dose all this tell you about how much room there is for Bandai to Improve over the Original RX-78-2 Gundam Perfect Grade from 1998? But then again, maybe I am asking for too much.

Super Moderator

I really want a MG V2 Assault Buster add on set. Even if it was PBandai. From all accounts, it was planned, but the low sales for the MG V2 means it has been shelved indefinitely. :/

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

I just want an RX-78-6 Gundam Mudrock in any form. I have a resin conversion for the MG Impulse of it, but the cannon's are not perfect, and being a resin kit even though it CAN be posed I likely will glue and pin it into a single pose for protective reasons.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    The only major issue I've heard about the MG Victory Gundam is that the polycaps they used for the hip joints are fragile, and that if they're not handled properly they will break.
    I have the Version KA and the thing has so many core fighters and parts it gets annoying, but once you have it together and fully built. It really isn't that bad. Don't "play" with it and hope the pose it in too many Cool positions, but it is not all that bad.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vile View Post
    I just want an RX-78-6 Gundam Mudrock in any form. I have a resin conversion for the MG Impulse of it, but the cannon's are not perfect, and being a resin kit even though it CAN be posed I likely will glue and pin it into a single pose for protective reasons.

This only bandai needs to create an RG NT-1 with a later release madrock conversion. P bandai exclusive would even be understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by justicebeaver View Post
    This only bandai needs to create an RG NT-1 with a later release madrock conversion. P bandai exclusive would even be understandable.
    An ALEX NT-1 Revive would be acceptable in my book as well.

How I would remake the Master Grade RX-78NT-1 Gundam "Alex"

Since the Master Grade Gundam NT-1 is an 18+ year old Model Kit (MG Alex was released in June of 1999), I am pretty sure the Alex is in great need of a remake. In case Bandai decides to make an Alex ver.2.0, I would like to speculate how it would turn out. Or, I could just describe what I would do if I was to remake the MG Alex.

To start off, I would like to reuse the inner frame and integration of vinyl joint seals from the limbs and waist (excluding the A-14 piece) of the FA-78 Full Armor Gundam Thunderbolt Ver.KA. For those who do own a Thunderbolt Ver.KA, nor do you wan't to (like me as of the writing of this), feel free to look at Dalong's review of the Kit in case you are not familiar with the engineering behind it. When it comes to the lower legs, I would not only build around the pre-existing Thunderbolt Ver.KA frame, I would also expand upon the Original NT-1's build by making the pistons fully functional rather than just cosmetic, and have thruster chunks on the back of the legs on a spring loaded sliding sliding mechanism. This will allow for the leg thrusters to slide down in order to maximize the range of the knee bend, and then spring back up when the leg is straight in order to hide potential gaps. As for the forearms, I would add a new inner frames that will not only expand upon the functionality of the original, it will be used to detail the thicker panel lining in between the white and blue outer frames. This method of paint-free panel lining will be consistently be used in areas depicted in the Alex's original artwork as having thicker panel lines (e.g. the legs and behind the back side of the midriff).

When it comes to the Torso and Head, I would use the MG RX-78-02 Gundam The Origin as the basis for the engineering behind the aforementioned components. This is due to the lack of a Core Block System in the NT-1, and thus negating any excuse for hindrances of articulation (besides the Chobham Armor). Not only that, I would add articulation in the chest vents in a similar manner to that of those of the MG RX-78-2 Gundam Ver.2.0. For the Chobham Armor, Shield, and Beam Rifle, I would just redesign all of that from the Ground up. For the Chobham Armor specifically, I would like it to have it's own inner frame to hold it all together. Not only that, I would like to see a face mask akin to the 2004 BB Senshi Alex (all be it non-chibified). More over, I would like to include the Hyper Bazooka in the Alex's arsenal.

I am curious to know your thoughts on my proposal for an MG Alex Ver.2.0.

That face mask would be kinda dope