Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Color Identification

A friend of mine assumed and told me that the builder is using Gundam Markers on the Razor blades... can anyone confirm this?

If it's marker, can someone tell me the color combination or the pen itself?

If it's hand paint, what's the best combination to create the awesome neon green?

Thanks
    Special Thanks to:
    thwalker13
    Executionervt009

For helping started to appreciate gunplas!

I do believe that is gundam metallic green, http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/gunmargunmet2.html

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

I'm able to confirm that. It enables MS' weapons to look more enabling, when applied deliberately. Having painted my RX-78-2 ranged weapons by availing them with this, it assumed a more appealing apparel than they had before.
    It looks awesome :3
    Anime is for kids

the neon and metallic are different plastic types, just to be clear

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaoru View Post

If it's hand paint, what's the best combination to create the awesome neon green?
    never have attempted to make neon green, i know you can get neon green in many brands. my assumption would be to just get some neon green acryl and thin it down to spray/thin coating consistency for the clear parts and, but they are already colored, so i don't think that would be required on the clear colored parts already.
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?u=11606&type=sigpic&dateline=1344346410

The clear bright green is molded that way. But the parts for the Razor option kit are painted using the metallic green Gundam Marker. In the magazine the kit comes with the modelers that have their work on the Razor shown use the same marker. But they extract the paint into a cup and hand brush it on to make sure it is smooth.
    Until Next Time: Happy Building!
    -Joe
    Joe's Gunpla Blog
    My YouTube Channel
    Current Backlog: 189 kits
    Currently in progress: MG Nu Ver Ka, RG Justice, Other stuff...
    Recently Completed: MG Guntank.

You could paint that metallic green too if you have a dark green wash and a silver/chrome metallic paint. If you already have those colors, then nothing else to buy. Just test it on something first.
    Paint on the silver/chrome, then a few heavy washes of green letting it dry completely in between uses. It may even come out with a kind of sparkle to it.
    Grunt Mobile Suits FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    The clear bright green is molded that way. But the parts for the Razor option kit are painted using the metallic green Gundam Marker. In the magazine the kit comes with the modelers that have their work on the Razor shown use the same marker. But they extract the paint into a cup and hand brush it on to make sure it is smooth.
    right on joe. wasn't aware this was the kit he was inquiring about yesterday. :thumbs:
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?u=11606&type=sigpic&dateline=1344346410

How do you extract the paint from the marker?
    Special Thanks to:
    thwalker13
    Executionervt009

For helping started to appreciate gunplas!