Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

View Poll Results: Which is your primary gaming platform?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android device (Nexus, Galaxy, Kindle Fire, etc.)

0 0%
  • Apple-iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch)

2 3.45%
  • Apple-Mac computer

1 1.72%
  • Atari-console (2600, Lynx, Jaguar, etc.)

0 0%
  • Linux computer (Ubuntu, SUSE, Redhat, etc.)

0 0%
  • Microsoft-Windows/DOS computer

28 48.28%
  • Microsoft-Windows Phone

0 0%
  • Microsoft-Xbox home console (360, Xbone, etc.)

11 18.97%
  • Nintendo-home console (NES, Wii U, etc.)

3 5.17%
  • Nintendo-portable console (GameBoy, DS, 3DS, etc.)

2 3.45%
  • Sega-home console (Genesis, Dreamcast, etc.)

0 0%
  • Sega-portable console (Game Gear, Nomad)

0 0%
  • Sony-home console (PS3, PS4, etc.)

9 15.52%
  • Sony-portable console (PSP, Vita, etc.)

1 1.72%
  • Other-home console (3DO, Neo Geo, etc.)

0 0%
  • Other-portable console/phone (Wonderswan, N-Gage, Blackberry, etc.)

0 0%
  • Other-computer (Amiga, Be, Solaris, etc.)

0 0%
  • Other-see comments

1 1.72%
Page 202 of 202 FirstFirst ... 102152192197198199200201202
Results 3,016 to 3,018 of 3018

Thread: Video Games

Re: Video Games

Best Buy has all three of the Nintendo Labo games/kits/rudimentary block programming software development suites on sale for the Nintendo Switch (the sale price even stacks with the now discontinued GCU member discount if you still have time left on your GCU membership). I had bought the variety kit the last time BB had the Labo games on sale and had a blast with the construction process and then playing around with the included mini games afterwards (FYI the Variety set's fishing rod, motorbike, and piano are also compatible with a few other games outside of the included software), so when the Labo games/kits went on sale again this week, I snapped up the other two games/kits in the Nintendo Labo series (the robot set and the vehicle set). Honestly, while I enjoyed building it, the Robot set was the least fun for me (I'm not the target age, which I knew when I bought it; I probably would have loved it as a kid though).

I just finished marathon building the vehicle set a few hours ago, and I absolutely loved building the kits in that one, and from what I've played the included game is much more substantial and polished than the minigames included with the older Variety and Robot sets. The Vehicle set's steering wheel is also supported by Mario Kart; I hope that future racing/driving games on the Switch will support the vehicle set's steering wheel and that any future flight/fighter jet games on the system will support the vehicle set's flight stick, but obviously there's no guarantee that that will happen for sure.

I would definitely recommend buying the Variety kit and/or the Vehicle kit (especially on sale) to anyone who both owns a Switch and either has kids, is a kid at heart, and/or has a personal interest in plastic models/papercraft/LEGO/erector sets/STEM projects/toys. The Variety set's piano kit and the Vehicle set's steering wheel kit are probably the most interesting builds of the bunch in terms of construction and engineering, so I'd recommend considering which of those sounds more interesting/fun to build/play with if you can only get one set (not that the other kits in the Variety and Vehicle sets aren't cool/interesting in their own right, but the piano and steering wheel are definitely the star attractions of their respective Nintendo Labo sets).
    Last edited by Zeta-G; March 4, 2019 at 5:41 AM.
    Sieg Zeon!

^ Sounds like something my brother-in-law will buy, him being a big Nintendo fan. I definitely won't mind if my son grows up wanting one in a few years. Anything to get him interested in technology and being creative is a big plus.

I took a break from playing CoD games (Advanced Warfare's campaign was pretty enjoyable and definitely worth playing through, despite its 10-hour length) and Witcher 3 and started playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I have to say, the game really feels like a modern version of the original Deus Ex and I love that. I should have played it shortly after it came out, though. Compared to Witcher 3, the game is pretty ugly.

Game came out back in December for PS4, Xbone, and Switch (and is coming to Windows PC this year), and I beat it then, but I just wanted to give a shout out/very strong recommendation to Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, since I'm back on the forum now. A sequel to the classic Wonder Boy/Monster World series, the game is an extremely well made and satisfying Metroidvania type game. I've seen some reviews even describe it as a modern AAA 2D game; they are not wrong. The production values are utterly fantastic, but more importantly so is the actual gameplay; the game is 2d action platforming/Metroidvania at its finest; it's in the same league as classics in the genre like Monster Boy III: The Dragon's Trap, Super Metroid, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Frankly, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom probably my game of the year for 2018 (I say this despite having played and really enjoyed Spider-Man, Smash Bros., multiple Yakuza games, etc. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom really is that goddamn good).

Trailer:
    Sieg Zeon!