Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

View Poll Results: Which is your primary gaming platform?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android device (Nexus, Galaxy, Kindle Fire, etc.)

0 0%
  • Apple-iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch)

2 3.45%
  • Apple-Mac computer

1 1.72%
  • Atari-console (2600, Lynx, Jaguar, etc.)

0 0%
  • Linux computer (Ubuntu, SUSE, Redhat, etc.)

0 0%
  • Microsoft-Windows/DOS computer

28 48.28%
  • Microsoft-Windows Phone

0 0%
  • Microsoft-Xbox home console (360, Xbone, etc.)

11 18.97%
  • Nintendo-home console (NES, Wii U, etc.)

3 5.17%
  • Nintendo-portable console (GameBoy, DS, 3DS, etc.)

2 3.45%
  • Sega-home console (Genesis, Dreamcast, etc.)

0 0%
  • Sega-portable console (Game Gear, Nomad)

0 0%
  • Sony-home console (PS3, PS4, etc.)

9 15.52%
  • Sony-portable console (PSP, Vita, etc.)

1 1.72%
  • Other-home console (3DO, Neo Geo, etc.)

0 0%
  • Other-portable console/phone (Wonderswan, N-Gage, Blackberry, etc.)

0 0%
  • Other-computer (Amiga, Be, Solaris, etc.)

0 0%
  • Other-see comments

1 1.72%
Page 5 of 200 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Games

Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by om3rta View Post
    Xbox Live has never been down for a ridiculously long period of time, and I've never lost my personal information and credit card numbers from attacks on the service..
    While it's true that Xbox Live never went down a long as PSN, you must remember Sony brought PSN down themselves once they discovered the Network was the victim of a targeted attack. The next month or so was spent rebuilding PSN's security. Their apology package was well done (1 million dollars worth of identity theft protection, PS+ service, and four free, good games). They also called the FBI in to track down the Anonymous members responsible for the attack (and they have gotten a couple so far).

When Xbox Live was breached several years ago, Microsoft put Live back up quickly, and gave out a cheap, free XBL game; it wasn't even a good one. There was no FBI involvement either, from what I recall. Of course this occurred in the early days of the 360, when it wasn't nearly as popular as the PS3 was when its online service was breached. Live is a paid service, PSN is free. WTF was MS's excuse?

Live stopped being worth the money once PSN fully matured back in '08 or so. I speak from experience; I had a paid Live account from about a month or two after it came out on the original Xbox (approx. late '02-early '03) to November of last year (2010). The $10 price hike made a service of already questionable value for gamers and made it not worth it. I wasn't going to pay $10 for ESPN when I never asked for their sports crap in the first place. PSN, a gaming network, gives you online gaming for free (MMORPGs aside), a web browser for free, and the ability to buy the services (Netflx, Hulu, various sports packages, etc.) that YOU want, while ignoring the rest.

My PS3 just collects dust between exclusives.
    So, depending on how quickly you can power through one of the PS3 exclusives, a month at best?

My 360 sits idle for months at a time, usually only being powered on when new Mass Effect content drops or a (local) friend requests playing one of my 360 games (usually Halo or DOA).

Almost every multi-plat is better on 360 (talking about consoles, not PC) and the multiplayer/interaction with friends is worlds better than what you get on PS3.
    In the early days of the PS3, this was true, but this simply isn't the case anymore.

On a technical level, multi platform games tend to work/look better on the PS3 these days (learning to program for the PS3's complex architecture took some time). Who gets early access to DLC and/or exclusive content tends to vary these days as well (this is based on who gives the biggest bribes for the most part). It depends on the game in question. MS had a lot of exclusive content in the early days (horse armor, Tomb raider content, etc.), but Sony has been on a roll for the last year or two with regards to aquiring exlusive content. MS tends to pay for a timed exclusive bonus DLC; Sony tends to get permanently exclusive bonus content (be it as DLC or on disc). As far as first party stuff (which you left out) goes, Sony utterly destroys MS's comparatively weak lineup.

Cross game chat destroys online gaming; it does not help it. How the [expletive] are you supposed to coordinate a team strategy when half of your team is off having a chat with their buddies, who are playing different games, and the other half are a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic twits? I've been a member of the PS3 incarnation of PSN for the last three or four years (I had the PS2's version before that; the PS2 service was the crappy online service), and, while playing the same types of games online, I have not run into the same breed of scum that exists on XBL very often (maybe once or twice total). There's trash talking, sure, but it's within reason. People who have headsets generally use them to work together with their teammates (a few just chat amongst themselves). The lack of cross game chat makes for a better gaming experience. Now if you're more concened about tweeting the details of your latest trip to the bathroom to all of your friends or casually chatting with friends while missing out on your team's battle plan, Live is the service for you. But as a real gamer, I find Live's community to be utterly pathetic. I'd rather be part of the gaming community that uses the chatting services of their console to aid in gameplay. The Xbox Live community used to be that way in the days of the original Xbox, but it has been destroyed by cross gaming chat. The PSN has the better gaming community now.
    Last edited by Zeta-G; September 23, 2011 at 5:04 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    I wasn't trying to say one is better (They both have ups and downs) I was jsut sayin why I got mine, the main reason is importing games from Japan.

Anyhow I heard on the grape vine that the PS Vita and PS3 are to be getting Final Fantasy X remade in HD, also to have all the international edition features too. Not excatly the FFVII remake I was hopeing for but better than nothing. Square Enix looks like it'll be busy the next year, with XIII-2 Versus XIII and this too. That is if they ever announce anything for Versus XIII.
    Dammit Square Enix stop taking all of my money. And don't forget about Type-0 for the PSP. That game is showing a lot of promise. Versus XIII better be good (and I bet it will) or many tables will be flipped.
    So A Baoa Qu basically involved a bunch of Jims taking on John's Zacks and Dons. IN SPACE.

ROFL Zeta-G just made a refrence to oblivion's Horse Armor god I love all the lol'z that sparked in the various Skyrim boards I go to over Horse Armor.

Anyhow yeah I hope Vs. XIII is good to, or I'm going to rage, I heard gameplay wise it's a bit hack and slashy (They compaired it to KH but I've never been into those, can't take disney char's seriously.)

Now about PSN VS XBL, I've never really ran into anyone bad on ethier service then again I tend to avoid games that 12 year old Trolls play (like CoD is full of them) I've never had anything bad happen to me. Once I got yelled at at my friends house on his XBL for utterly destroying someone with Ino of all people on Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 but besides that no one bad. Also I'm not online to much on games, due to my dial up (that I should be replace soon I hope) so I can't definitvly say, but I've heard some bad stories from a friend of mine who's on PSN quite a bit of noobs trolling. So both of them have bad apples on there comunitys. I say it depends on the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Anyhow yeah I hope Vs. XIII is good to, or I'm going to rage, I heard gameplay wise it's a bit hack and slashy (They compaired it to KH but I've never been into those, can't take disney char's seriously.)
    Actually the game's creator said the battle system is supposed to be a more mature version of the KH battle system. KH as a series is rather fun in my opinion. The only downside is that the story starts to reach fanfiction levels of 'wut' during KH2 when Orginization XIII comes into play. The first one is a solid game overall. The second one improves on the gameplay. Birth By Sleep (which is a prequel) has the best gameplay so far though. And I heard Chain of Memories was a good one as well. And the Disney character interactions are probably the better aspect of the series. Not trying to be all defensive of the series, but I think it's worth checking out if you like FF and similar stuff.
    So A Baoa Qu basically involved a bunch of Jims taking on John's Zacks and Dons. IN SPACE.

It's not my main system, but I am in the midst of bringing my old Sega Genesis Model 1 back to fully playable condition, just a 5 dollar cable away!

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Actually the game's creator said the battle system is supposed to be a more mature version of the KH battle system. KH as a series is rather fun in my opinion. The only downside is that the story starts to reach fanfiction levels of 'wut' during KH2 when Orginization XIII comes into play. The first one is a solid game overall. The second one improves on the gameplay. Birth By Sleep (which is a prequel) has the best gameplay so far though. And I heard Chain of Memories was a good one as well. And the Disney character interactions are probably the better aspect of the series. Not trying to be all defensive of the series, but I think it's worth checking out if you like FF and similar stuff.
    I have played a bit of the first one, wasn't really my thing but I might give it another chance, it's good to hear Vs. XIII is going to work off of a similar system, I always thought the KH game play had potential. Also heard some previews online and in Gameinformer awhile ago that Guns and gun play will be making an appearance in Vs. XIII. FFVII: Dirge of Cerbures had them so it'd be intresting to see how they work in this.
    Last edited by Zeon's RedComet; September 24, 2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: unintentional smile

Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsVince725 View Post
    It's not my main system, but I am in the midst of bringing my old Sega Genesis Model 1 back to fully playable condition, just a 5 dollar cable away!
    Genny is the best. Mine is still working after all these years. Hell, she even has a Sega CD and 32X plugged into her. The ads for the latter were hilarious in a pervy kind of way...

32X print Ads (note the blurb under the Genesis equipped with both a Sega CD and a Sega 32X):

Sega used to have some great ads back those days (the famous Sega Scream ads among them).
    Last edited by Zeta-G; September 24, 2011 at 1:07 AM. Reason: Added pictures

There isn't a system I don't play. I've got my NES, SNES, and Genesis in my closet. My PS2, X-Box, and N64 are hooked up to my TV. And I used to have a 360 hooked up to, but it wasn't mine and had to give it back. Though it's still in my house, I could ask for it anytime. Same with the Wii and PS3. I've even able to get an Atari 7200 and Intellivision if I ask my dad. I only play Diablo II: LOD for PC, so I don't think that counts.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    There isn't a system I don't play. I've got my NES, SNES, and Genesis in my closet. My PS2, X-Box, and N64 are hooked up to my TV. And I used to have a 360 hooked up to, but it wasn't mine and had to give it back. Though it's still in my house, I could ask for it anytime. Same with the Wii and PS3. I've even able to get an Atari 7200 and Intellivision if I ask my dad. I only play Diablo II: LOD for PC, so I don't think that counts.
    I see no Dreamcast, Saturn, Jaguar, Neo Geo, or 3DO (among many others) in your list. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    I see no Dreamcast, Saturn, Jaguar, Neo Geo, or 3DO (among many others) in your list. Just saying...
    That's cause they sucked so I got rid of them.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Super Moderator
    No balls if you didn't play the virtual boy for 12 hours straight.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFrameAstray View Post
    No balls if you didn't play the virtual boy for 12 hours straight.
    My parents wouldn't get me that, I think they heard about the seizure and headache problems. I did forget to add the gameboy and it's many variants. Just have a DS now.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    That's cause they sucked so I got rid of them.
    Blasphemer. Especially with regards to the Dreamcast (OTOH Jaguar and 3DO did, in fact, suck).

EDIT: You do know I meant the Neo Geo home system (as in the home of the King of Fighters and Metal Slug series), not the portable, right?
    Last edited by Zeta-G; September 24, 2011 at 1:28 AM.

There's no way I could do that SFA, I played a virtual boy a friend still had for like 2 minutes before geting a head ache and saying, well this sucks balls.

Zeta-G
    I'd have gotten a virtual boy if it had at least two good exclusives (it did not). Played one a few times though. It sucked so bad it made the Game.com look awesome by comparison...