Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

View Poll Results: Which is your primary gaming platform?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android device (Nexus, Galaxy, Kindle Fire, etc.)

0 0%
  • Apple-iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch)

2 3.45%
  • Apple-Mac computer

1 1.72%
  • Atari-console (2600, Lynx, Jaguar, etc.)

0 0%
  • Linux computer (Ubuntu, SUSE, Redhat, etc.)

0 0%
  • Microsoft-Windows/DOS computer

28 48.28%
  • Microsoft-Windows Phone

0 0%
  • Microsoft-Xbox home console (360, Xbone, etc.)

11 18.97%
  • Nintendo-home console (NES, Wii U, etc.)

3 5.17%
  • Nintendo-portable console (GameBoy, DS, 3DS, etc.)

2 3.45%
  • Sega-home console (Genesis, Dreamcast, etc.)

0 0%
  • Sega-portable console (Game Gear, Nomad)

0 0%
  • Sony-home console (PS3, PS4, etc.)

9 15.52%
  • Sony-portable console (PSP, Vita, etc.)

1 1.72%
  • Other-home console (3DO, Neo Geo, etc.)

0 0%
  • Other-portable console/phone (Wonderswan, N-Gage, Blackberry, etc.)

0 0%
  • Other-computer (Amiga, Be, Solaris, etc.)

0 0%
  • Other-see comments

1 1.72%
Page 3 of 201 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Games

Super Moderator

Re: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by N7R
    Dead Space 2 has been awesome so far. IGN gave it a 9/10 and I agree, everything is perfected from the original game =)
    My good god. That multi-armed son-of-a-bitch that keeps stomping around at me is making me want to kill someone. Needles in the eye are nice too.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Zeta-G

It's been confirmed: Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 is coming stateside for the PS3 and 360 this summer. There's a bunch of system revisions, including online co-op missions and a cel-shaded art style; Gundam UC, 0083, and Gundam 00 all join the roundup.
    For more info: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6297561...op%3Btitle%3B3

http://mobileops.tk/ everyone should sign this idk if it will help but man that game looks awesome

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by matt rx-78
    http://mobileops.tk/ everyone should sign this idk if it will help but man that game looks awesome
    There are people still wishing for Mobile Ops to get brought over? Sorry to tell you this, but get over it, it's not going to happen (it came out in like 2007 or so). We have a better chance of Gundam 0081 or Gundam Extreme Vs. (assuming the home port goes to PS3, instead of the PSP) getting released over here at this point. Would I have liked a western release of Mobile Ops? Yes. But I imagine a game for a franchise that is mostly loved in Japan, did not not do so well on the Japanese sales charts, since it was a western-style game, availably exclusively for the 360 (bear in mind, Japan pretty much hates/ignores the 360 to this day, and, back then, the 360 was in an even weaker sales position). Had a PS3 port been released for the Japanese market, the Japanese sales might have been higher, and the US release may not have been cancelled.

Are any of you team ICO fans? I'm anxiously awaiting the HD/3D versions of their first two games... as well as their third installment (hopefully) later this year.
    I think this 3D thing is a gimmick as of now, but... climbing up a giant monster in 3D just sounds oh so appealing.
    No joke is appropriate. Thatís why itís a joke.

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by NanoSpore
    Are any of you team ICO fans? I'm anxiously awaiting the HD/3D versions of their first two games... as well as their third installment (hopefully) later this year.
    I think this 3D thing is a gimmick as of now, but... climbing up a giant monster in 3D just sounds oh so appealing.
    I haven't actually played Ico or Shadow of the Colossus, but I plan on getting the HD rerelease (I was actually about to buy SotC when the HD version was announced).
    As for 3D, Killzone 3 with a Move and 3DTV is supposed to be extremely immersive, though I can't confirm such claims, since good 3DTVs are rather expensive and the required glasses don't fit so well over my regular glasses. Sony is working on glasses-free sets, so maybe those sets will be better.

Also, it was just announced that the PS3 edition of Portal 2 will have Move support (this is in addition to steamworks support and a free copy of the Mac/PC version; 360 gets none of these features). I can't wait (to be fair, I've been eagerly awaiting Portal 2 ever since I beat the first one).

Edit: Damn it. Valve is now claiming that news articles claiming Portal 2 would have Move support are the result of a mistranslation of an interview given to the official German PlayStation Blog (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6299751...op%3Btitle%3B4). Oh well, the PS3 version still includes full steamworks support and a free copy of the Mac/Windows PC version. Maybe they'll patch Move support in later (as was done for Heavy Rain, MAG, Resident Evil 5 Gold, and others). One can hope...

[quote=Zeta-G]
    Quote Originally Posted by "matt rx-78":4ozthq4q
    There are people still wishing for Mobile Ops to get brought over? Sorry to tell you this, but get over it, it's not going to happen (it came out in like 2007 or so). We have a better chance of Gundam 0081 or Gundam Extreme Vs. (assuming the home port goes to PS3, instead of the PSP) getting released over here at this point. Would I have liked a western release of Mobile Ops? Yes. But I imagine a game for a franchise that is mostly loved in Japan, did not not do so well on the Japanese sales charts, since it was a western-style game, availably exclusively for the 360 (bear in mind, Japan pretty much hates/ignores the 360 to this day, and, back then, the 360 was in an even weaker sales position). Had a PS3 port been released for the Japanese market, the Japanese sales might have been higher, and the US release may not have been cancelled.[/quote:4ozthq4q]

yea but that game would have done well in america with the battlefield style of play :P

Zeta-G
    So has anyone else been playing Mortal Kombat (2011)?
    My beloved Reptile has had his classic move list restored!

Too busy playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3. My best mobile suit has got to be Wing Gundam ZERO. I've such good upgrades on it that I can annihilate mook suits like [snaps fingers] that.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Zeta-G
    That reminds me, I need to get DWG3... Has the Japanese DLC (Kshatriya, etc.) been released over here yet? Or is it on the disc by any chance?

Nope. Although in the back of the manual, it lists the voice cast (English voices done by Ocean Group) and Marida Cruz is in there along Lockon Stratos, Allelujah Haptism, Tieria Erde, and Mr. Bushido (all of which all DLC characters with their respective suits).
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Zeta-G
    We got the DLC for 2, so here's hoping!

Super Moderator
    No and no. DLC is coming (I forget the release date).
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

Zeta-G
    That's good. Although in all honesty, I would rather have Gundam Extreme Vs released for PS3. I'd import that if need be. The versus series rocks.
    On a related note, I imported Another Century's Episode: Rebirth for my PS3 about a month ago . . .
    Oh my G.O.D., that game is awesome! The Zeta, Infinite Justice, Crossbone, and other Gundams with mechs from Macross, Code Geass, Aquarion, King Gainer and more all thrown into one awesome mech action game. Apparently it's made by Banpresto (Super Robot Wars) and From Software (Armored Core, Demon's Souls). I'm seriously glad that PS3s are region free. It supports custom soundtracks too, so I was able to import my anime CDs into the game's soundtrack! Totally worth the $40 or so I spent on it!
    Last edited by Zeta-G; July 6, 2011 at 1:20 AM. Reason: Added info on ACE:R

Super Moderator
    Am I still the only Linux PC Gaming dude? Man that is upsetting.

Do you know what would be awesome...

A gundam game for the Wii >laughs<
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro