Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

View Poll Results: Which is your primary gaming platform?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android device (Nexus, Galaxy, Kindle Fire, etc.)

0 0%
  • Apple-iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch)

2 3.45%
  • Apple-Mac computer

1 1.72%
  • Atari-console (2600, Lynx, Jaguar, etc.)

0 0%
  • Linux computer (Ubuntu, SUSE, Redhat, etc.)

0 0%
  • Microsoft-Windows/DOS computer

28 48.28%
  • Microsoft-Windows Phone

0 0%
  • Microsoft-Xbox home console (360, Xbone, etc.)

11 18.97%
  • Nintendo-home console (NES, Wii U, etc.)

3 5.17%
  • Nintendo-portable console (GameBoy, DS, 3DS, etc.)

2 3.45%
  • Sega-home console (Genesis, Dreamcast, etc.)

0 0%
  • Sega-portable console (Game Gear, Nomad)

0 0%
  • Sony-home console (PS3, PS4, etc.)

9 15.52%
  • Sony-portable console (PSP, Vita, etc.)

1 1.72%
  • Other-home console (3DO, Neo Geo, etc.)

0 0%
  • Other-portable console/phone (Wonderswan, N-Gage, Blackberry, etc.)

0 0%
  • Other-computer (Amiga, Be, Solaris, etc.)

0 0%
  • Other-see comments

1 1.72%
Page 2 of 200 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Games

Re: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonPeon
    Xbox 360. It's kinda the only thing I can play at the moment and I love it's games (Bioshock series, Halo series, XBLA).
    I love Bioshock. Wasn't as thrilled with the second one though... Have you seen some of the shots for Bioshock Infinite?
    No joke is appropriate. Thatís why itís a joke.

OH MY G.O.D. YOU HAVE NO CLUE! I did not get the fortune to play the 2nd BIOSHOCK but I saw the INFINITE 10 minute gameplay trailer on the Escapist Magazine website. I nearly flipped my s**t when I saw it. I want it so bad! And Fable 3 has been getting some reputation as good, but I would have to play it. As SFA mentioned, it was bad (I played mostly for achievements), but it is a risk I might take.
    (My brother and I watching 00)
    ZeonPeon: Why are the canisters on his knees? Why not on his back?
    SilverFrameAstray: Because, you can get shot in the back.
    ZeonPeon: YOU CAN GET SHOT IN THE KNEES!
    Then, laughter was had.

Xbox 360 is my main gaming platform. While I do have a few pc games and one that I mod a lot on my 360 is my primary.

I have all the major FPS's for 360, Halo and CoD series and a lot of other great games like Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, and Dead Space. I am still unhappy with next gen consoles and their lack of good Gundam games though. Nothing beats the PS1 and PS2 Gundam battle Assault and Mobile Suit Gundam: Journey to Jaburo games.

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by N7R
    Xbox 360 is my main gaming platform. While I do have a few pc games and one that I mod a lot on my 360 is my primary.

I have all the major FPS's for 360, Halo and CoD series and a lot of other great games like Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, and Dead Space. I am still unhappy with next gen consoles and their lack of good Gundam games though. Nothing beats the PS1 and PS2 Gundam battle Assault and Mobile Suit Gundam: Journey to Jaburo games.
    You liked Journey to Jaburo!? Seriously!?

This generation hasn't been too bad to Gundam fans; you just have to own the right systems (PSP and PS3). If you ignore the Wii (and who doesn't at this point?), PS3 is the system of choice in Japan (and outside of the US in general), and consequently the best Gundam games are made for it (and PSP).
    If you just have a 360, I could understand why you'd feel underwhelmed by this generation's Gundam games, since all the 360 has is the Japan-only Operation Troy/Mobile Ops (360 = region locked) and the fun (but mindless and repetitive) multi-platform series, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam.
    On the Sony systems it is different. You've got the previously mentioned DWG series. There's also the versus series of Gundam games, which has always been pretty great (too bad it's been stuck in Japan since the third full game in the series); the previous couple of entries made their way to PSP (in Japan, bu PSP is region free), and the latest arcade entry in the series is based off of a PS3 board this time, so it's likely that it will make its way to the PS3 (in Japan at least, but that is no obstacle for the region free PS3).
    0081 is also supposed to be pretty good. Ditto for Another Century's Episode: R (which technically is a Gundam, Code Geass, Macross, etc. crossover game).
    Of course all of these good Gundam games are Japan and/or PS3 only.
    Good Gundam games go to the platforms popular in Japan, this was true for the SNES, the Saturn, the Wonderswan, and the PS2. It is now true for the PSP and PS3. The only real exception to the good Gundam games paired with popular in Japan systems rule was the Dreamcast, which got Federation Vs. Zeon, Gundam Battle Online, and the phenomenal 0079: Rise from the Ashes, despite the fact the the DC was never a big hit there.
    360 caters to repetitive genres popular in the West (FPSs and sports) and is pretty much ignored in Japan, so why the hell would they put the best games in a Japan-centric franchise on it? (Besides the off chance of Microsoft writing Bandai a fat check for an exclusive Gundam game).
    Gundam Crossfire was the Japanese PS3 launch's number one selling game. Gundam games sell well on the PS3 and that is a big part of the reason why the good ones stay exclusive to PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G
    Yeah I still love playing that game The ability to control the gundam and use the beam weapons is so much fun. The game that came after this one was Zeonic Front for the PS2 but while it was fun it wasn't as fun to me as Journey to Jaburo was. I liked being able to use thrusters to get in the sky and stuff. Not to mention once you beat the main game you can be whatever MS or Gundam from universal century you want on side mission levels. Some of them were like horde mode in Gears but this time you hold off the zaku's lol

It still shocks me there isn't a gundam game yet that lets you design your own Gundam and fight against others online. Sure, I love the games that are based off of a series but it would be cool to have an original Gundam game that isn't based on any specific era and lets the player design their own Gundam. I would probably never play another game lol

And don't even get me started with Gundam battle Assault. I love the first 2 but when they made GBA 3 it really ruined it

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by N7R
    Yeah I still love playing that game The ability to control the gundam and use the beam weapons is so much fun. The game that came after this one was Zeonic Front for the PS2 but while it was fun it wasn't as fun to me as Journey to Jaburo was. I liked being able to use thrusters to get in the sky and stuff. Not to mention once you beat the main game you can be whatever MS or Gundam from universal century you want on side mission levels. Some of them were like horde mode in Gears but this time you hold off the zaku's lol

It still shocks me there isn't a gundam game yet that lets you design your own Gundam and fight against others online. Sure, I love the games that are based off of a series but it would be cool to have an original Gundam game that isn't based on any specific era and lets the player design their own Gundam. I would probably never play another game lol

And don't even get me started with Gundam battle Assault. I love the first 2 but when they made GBA 3 it really ruined it
    Blasphemy! Zeonic Front was the best Gundam game on PS2 not part of the versus series. If JtJ impressed you, try Federation Vs Zeon or Gundam Vs Zeta Gundam (both on PS2), they are 1000x better.

I thought Zeonic Front was ok but I just didn't like the controls, while it was a 3D game you could only walk or run with your mobile suit. At least in Jaburo game I could move and fly off onto buildings and stuff. There was one side mission where a giant ship is in the desert and you have to take it out before it leaves the area. I would replay that mission and again and again, it was so much fun =)

If I had a PS3 that was compatible to play PS2 games then I'd be playing my old Gundam games all the time. I have my PS2 still but due to not having a tv that has the RCA inputs (I use pc monitors with HDMI, DVI, and VGA inputs) I don't have a way of playing my PS2 games at the moment lol

Zeta-G

Just binged "PS2 vga adapter" and found this: http://www.vpgames.com/p-509-univers...c-monitor.aspx Enjoy.

Despite being fully set up for the current generation, I still use my PS2s the most.

And probably will, until I manage to get through Generation of CE.
    I was led astray by bad directions.

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles
    Despite being fully set up for the current generation, I still use my PS2s the most.

And probably will, until I manage to get through Generation of CE.
    I understand your situation. I have all of my classic systems (other than the NES [damn thing is almost as unreliable as the 360] and systems' whose successors can play their games) still connected to my entertainment system, and I still play them frequently (except the 3DO, which wastes space, just as it did in the 90s ). My Dreamcast and Genesis 32X CD are both still individually played more than all of my systems-not-called-PS3 combined.

My Dreamcast and Genesis 32X CD are both still individually played more than all of my systems-not-called-PS3 combined.
    I'd say I go PS2-X360-jPS2-Gamecube-Dreamcast...

Handhelds are a totally separate category. Definitely DS the most, then probably a tie between PSP and GBmicro, then Wonderswan.

I really want Monoeye Gundams for Wonderswan, but it's generally a little price-prohibitive when I do find it.
    I was led astray by bad directions.

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles
    My Dreamcast and Genesis 32X CD are both still individually played more than all of my systems-not-called-PS3 combined.
    I'd say I go PS2-X360-jPS2-Gamecube-Dreamcast...

Handhelds are a totally separate category. Definitely DS the most, then probably a tie between PSP and GBmicro, then Wonderswan.

I really want Monoeye Gundams for Wonderswan, but it's generally a little price-prohibitive when I do find it.
    I never imported a WS; I always meant to, but I never did.
    Game systems wise my PS3 only gets as much love as it doe because when I get new games 95% of the time they are for it. My Genny and DC get their love based solely on me playing games that I've owned for them for years. The real test for my PS3 will be whenever PS4, Wii2, and Xbox 3 kill the current crop of systems. Will I keep playing its game library like I do with my Genesis (32X CD) and Dreamcast libraries or will it mostly sit unused like my N64 and PS1? In my mind, that's the true test of a console's worth: is it still played relatively frequently long after it has stopped getting the new Shiny? My Dreamcast fit the bill- I bought and played more games for it after the pltfom's death then I did for my (then) new GBA, PS2, GC, and Xbox combined.
    During the Genesis to PS1 days, I had less disposable income, so the differences in library size weren't so drastic, but my Genesis was still my top console right on through the PS1/N64/Sat era, and, with the exception of the Saturn (a decision I regret to this day; I should have gotten it back then instead of the PS1 and/or N64; my Saturn has been a bigger source of joy than other of those crappy machines), I owned the new consoles soon after their repective launches; the Genesis was still the more entertaining machine. Oh 16-bit era, you are missed. The kids who grew up with autosaves (hell, saves at all for non-RPGs) and checkpoints just don't know what they missed out on...
    I really must go play some 16 bit-era games now...

Well the weekend of free xbl was fun. Xbox live was free for silver accounts from the 25h to the 29th of Nov. I resurrected some of my old silver accounts for kicks and played some halo 3 with them. It's hilarious carrying an entire team plus obliterating opposition all at once lol

In other news, the Halo Reach noble Map pack comes out tonight, should be interesting to play on them.

Zeta-G

Sony press conference for the next gen PSP, NGP. About as powerful as PS3. More powerful than 360 (it can run MGS4, 360 cannot, because 360 lacks the horsepower according to Kojima). Kojima will be working on a PS3/NGP game to be announced at E3; it will allow one to play the game on PS3 and then continue progress on the NGP. Also running Uncharted (almost up to par with PS3), Yakuza: Of the End, Monster Hunter, Resistance, Dynasty Warriors, LittleBigPanet, Wipeout, Killzone, and a bunch of other stuff. Some of the third party stuff may not actually be released for consumers (PS3 games are able to be ported in about a week or two's time), so some (such as Lost Planet 2) were just shown running on the platform as glorified tech demos.
    Twin micro analog sticks, front and rear touch panels, 5 inch OLED display, standard PSP buttons, 3G + 802.11n, GPS, Bluetooth, Sixaxis (gyro, accelerometers), compass, microphone, twin cameras, trophies, backwards compatible with PSP downloadable titles and PSOne titles. Release date is end of the year (for Japan at least). The hardware itself also looks quite gorgeous.
    I can't wait to get one. No price revealed yet.
    IGN's rundown of known features (including the press release pictures): http://psp.ign.com/articles/114/1146358p1.html
    Engadget's slew of photos: http://www.engadget.com/photos/sony-...es-on/#3823343
    Engadget's videos: http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/27/the-sony-psp2/

Dead Space 2 has been awesome so far. IGN gave it a 9/10 and I agree, everything is perfected from the original game =)