Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122

Thread: Toonami

Re: Toonami

Quote Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
    Eh, I never could get into Lupin
    That's fine. Lupin's not for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    Same. Toonami's been a wash for me the last few months.
    You know what? You could b!+ch about anything, couldn't you. I mean, Toonami may pick up a show that you like, and you'd still find something to complain about.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

I like DBZ Super and DBZ Kai: Buu Saga. I just happen to have already seen the episodes they're playing. I mean it's DBZ, so the Kai version of the Buu Saga isn't that big a deal. I've seen the Buu Saga a few times. DBZ Super is still doing it's retelling of the Resurrection of F movie so ehh to that, plus I'm already keeping up weekly with the Japanese release (episode 94) so while it's nice to watch it and hear English, it's not that big a deal to me.

I liked when they had Bleach. The Sword Beast arc, a filler arc, got me into reading and watching Bleach. Watched everything of Bleach until I caught up to what they were airing in Japan in only 3 days and read it until the terribly rushed ending (I just started on the chapter after they finished the Fullbring arc).

Blue Exorcist, Soul Eater, Deadman Wonderland, Sword Art Online, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, One Punch Man, and Hellsing Ultimate were nice to watch. I liked those shows.

Would've probably watched Inuyasha: Final Cut but I already saw it a couple times by the time Toonami aired it. Akame ga Kill was good too, enough that I read the manga until it ended. Both versions kinda sucked at the ending. Plus there was IBO, I liked the dub.

Everything else, meh and ehh. Not really worth watching.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

I like DBZ Super and DBZ Kai: Buu Saga. I just happen to have already seen the episodes they're playing. I mean it's DBZ, so the Kai version of the Buu Saga isn't that big a deal. I've seen the Buu Saga a few times. DBZ Super is still doing it's retelling of the Resurrection of F movie so ehh to that, plus I'm already keeping up weekly with the Japanese release (episode 94) so while it's nice to watch it and hear English, it's not that big a deal to me.

I liked when they had Bleach. The Sword Beast arc, a filler arc, got me into reading and watching Bleach. Watched everything of Bleach until I caught up to what they were airing in Japan in only 3 days and read it until the terribly rushed ending (I just started on the chapter after they finished the Fullbring arc).

Blue Exorcist, Soul Eater, Deadman Wonderland, Sword Art Online, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, One Punch Man, and Hellsing Ultimate were nice to watch. I liked those shows.

Would've probably watched Inuyasha: Final Cut but I already saw it a couple times by the time Toonami aired it. Akame ga Kill was good too, enough that I read the manga until it ended. Both versions kinda sucked at the ending. Plus there was IBO, I liked the dub.

Everything else, meh and ehh. Not really worth watching.

I see. Well, considering you like supernatural anime (based on what you given me), I have a feeling that Toonami will pick up Blue Exorcist: The Kyoto Saga, it's really only a matter of time. Then of course, there's the potential for a return of Code Geass; I mean, not just picking up R3 when it comes out, but a rerun of R1 and R2 as well. Of course, this is all just speculation. It's quite possible that the crew will trow a curveball at us (like IBO S2, Stardust Crusaders).
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

They bring back Code Geass i'll be a happy Camper That and R3 is interesting. However I am still a bit...worried about R3. Frankly about how R2 sort of wrapped up the series in a nice little bow. I mean where can they go from there after how they ended it? The only logical things that could happen are the Euro Union acting up or something like an Anti-Black Knights faction rising up to start some shite. Those are the only ones I can personally see. other than that...eh...anything else or something entirely silly would have rendered the end of R2 pointless. Which frankly would disappoint me personally. though on the other hand its all still fluid so well see how they play this out.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Would've probably watched Inuyasha: Final Cut but I already saw it a couple times by the time Toonami aired it.
    It was actually pretty good honestly, I didn't realize they finally finished it till I saw the promo on Toonami. Worth watching if you looked the original sure

Quote Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
    It was actually pretty good honestly, I didn't realize they finally finished it till I saw the promo on Toonami. Worth watching if you looked the original sure
    I already saw it. Twice in Japanese and twice in English long before Toonami got it.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Now I know opinions on the show are... divisive, but:

Yup, Season 2 will be airing in October.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

This will be interesting...

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

OH MY GOD!

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders is coming to Toonami. Hory Sheet!
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Jojos a fun watch. Will check out this new season as well. Really enjoyed the first 2 seasons.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Hmm... looks good so far: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/...ndow-announced. Emphasis on looks though, I want to see more than a teaser before I come to any conclusion.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

The only part of the Jojo's dub I want to see is what they come up with for Stand name changes past part IV (Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price still makes me laugh to this day admittedly part VII is way off but its still the best copyright avoidance name they have). Aside from that it's one of the few things where I'm pretty much gonna always stick to subs, because of the Engrish. Glad it's getting more western exposure though I've heard it didn't do as well as they were hoping on there, seems they're gonna stick with it though.

Hell gonna happen with Vanilla ice in part III since he's already been called Cool Ice at least on the text in games. IDK if Cream's ever been changed it's ambiguous enough to get away with.
    HON HON HON
    "Pelinal called out Haromir of Copper and Tea into a duel at the Tor, and ate his neck-veins while screaming praise to Reman, a name that no one knew yet."-Song of Pelinal Volume 3

So here's what the lineup for this Saturday is going to look like: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dail...amming/.119314. Interesting that they are airing a rerun of AoT S2, but it look like they learned their lesson and placed reruns at the tail end of the lineup.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Wow! Now this is quite a throwback: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-anime/.119717. I never expected this show, or any show from the 90's for that matter, to air on Toonami once more. Perhaps this means we might be able to see other older titles come to Toonami.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Your not joking?! We're getting outlaw star?!

Falls to his knees as manly anime tears stream down from his eyes this is one of the greatest days of my life!!!!

Also watched the first episode of Jojo's bizarre adventure stardust crusaders...Never watched Jo Jo but this made me want to watch it all. So...yeah better late than never i guess XD

Sword Freak