Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami

See i grew up during that time, i remember watching and loving Wing. I remember rushing home after school for the certain hour of Toonami i got and loved it, but i dont remember MSG playing on CN very long. i remember Wing and G Gundam. i dont even remember SEED and i love SEED now sense watching it. I was in 2nd grade during 9/11 which could be why i dont remember MSG because it getting taken off air

Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    . . .Though yeah pretty much what you said Zeta hit the nail on the head, I think Bamco needs to hit you up for Gundam management in the west lol, you'd have done it a whole lot better than they did...
    And I'd jump at the opportunity faster than you can say "Tomino to direct Crossbone Gundam anime." in all seriousness thank you for the compliment.

@drake: by the time SEED aired, Toonami was on life support, and SEED was shoved onto one night a week at like 1 in the morning, and was extensively censored to boot. By then Gundam was on life support in the US. As for MSG, it got cancelled before completing a full US run; it ran 5 new episodes a week by that point so it was on for less than two months (as opposed to Wing which ran 5 nights a week, and had several complete runs on Toonami).
    Last edited by Zeta-G; September 7, 2011 at 1:12 AM. Reason: Better grammar

Concerning Turn A lets hope that CN doesnt censor the hell outta it. and this is just a hopefull however unlikely thought, they pull a OO on either G4 or AS (preferably G4 seeing theyre doing Marvel Anime and its not that bad.)

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyon View Post
    Concerning Turn A lets hope that CN doesnt censor the hell outta it. and this is just a hopefull however unlikely thought, they pull a OO on either G4 or AS (preferably G4 seeing theyre doing Marvel Anime and its not that bad.)
    With all the nudity in the beginning of Turn A, censoring is guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyon View Post
    Did any body ever Watch CN? I you answer yes, do you remember a "Block" called Toonami? Remember back in 2008 when they "killed" it? I do. I remember when i used to come home from school and watch classics like DBZ (my mom still has nightmares every night scared ill screamm "KAMEHAMEHA!!!!!!!!!!!" in the middle of the night) or what about Outlaw Star or Ruroni kenshin or Big O Better yet, how about Reboot? In Fact, Toonami is the Place where I was introduced to Gundam. Sadly, Toonami has been off the air for 3 years running now, and I think i speak for all of us now that i wish CN would bring back Toonami. And i dont mean the late Toonami i mean GOOD Toonami (with DBZ, Gundams ALL of them except G:dont like G! HISSSS G!, Reboot, Ronin Warriors, and any others Im ashamed of not remembering!) An no wussy shows like the ones they have now(though on the other hand Star Wars: the Clone wars and the anime lineup on AS would make an exellent addittion to the Block), Real good anime we all now regard as treasurses that actually made us think! And Once more, if they do bring it back with all of the above, i believe that their Ratings and their Viewers would go through the Freaking roof! So to my fellow brothers and sisters of anime fandom, I ask you again. Do you Remember good ol Toonami?
    Indeed I do remember Toonami...... I remember it being awesome! It's what got me into anime in the first place.
    "*sees somebody drawing a transformer* Oh, wow! A gundam!"- Nobody ever

Quote Originally Posted by DragoninDisguise View Post
    Indeed I do remember Toonami...... I remember it being awesome! It's what got me into anime in the first place.
    amen to that sisters and brothers!! lol

When does Turn A hit CN agian?
    Last edited by Kenico; October 3, 2011 at 6:06 AM.

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Toonami is back for the night!

CNs April Fools Day prank.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

This is no April Fool's Joke. Toonami is back, baby!
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Oh hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sword Freak

This means that Gundam has a legitimate shot at being on TV! Think of the possibilities, Zeta, 00, Wing, F91, Turn A!
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

oh yeah... (thinks of the possibilities)

Sword Freak

sorry to burst yalls bubbles but the tv guide says its normal adult swim after "Space Jam" sorry. no toonami
    "THEY BRING NOTHING BUT DISEASE AND FAMINE!"

-Professor Peter Port

Quote Originally Posted by RX-0 View Post
    sorry to burst yalls bubbles but the tv guide says its normal adult swim after "Space Jam" sorry. no toonami
    Fyi, tv guide isn't always accurate. Just like last night, even though it was the old Toonami schedule they still had up the current line up. Not to mention the Saturday night to Sunday morning is the only time CN does anime.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Dont kno if u guys kno but The Toonami Block came on last nite with old favorites like Big O DBZ and of course Gundam Wing (imo greatest gundam of all-time).

We know friend. heck me and my bro Ghost Shepperd went nuts when we saw it.

Sword Freak