Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami

Quote Originally Posted by Drake2411 View Post
    After we became 12 CN grew very week in cartoons, they all became very childish and now they all just suck.
    Actually in my opinion they are starting to make a comeback. Shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Thundercats, and Young Justice I find to be a higher quality than shows they were airing a few years back. Hell, even the Looney Tunes Show has its moments (anything with Lola in it is gold). Granted many if not all of the shows mentioned are rated TVPG, but if that's what they need to do to produce these higher quality shows then I'm all for it. Shows that they bring over from Canada (Sidekick, Almost Naked Animals, TDA, Stoked, and Johnny Test for example) seem to be one of the factors that is giving CN a bad rep these past few years. I'm not saying that all Canadian cartoons are bad because I would be lying. Reboot, Courage, and Ed, Edd n Eddy were all shows I found to be fantastic. I just find many shows that they pump out today to be not as good as they were in the past.
    So A Baoa Qu basically involved a bunch of Jims taking on John's Zacks and Dons. IN SPACE.

the day i see good anime come back to CN (most likely on Adult Swim) is the day i watch the whole season on whatevers the worst anime to hit NA shores,
    btw Ed, Edd, and Eddy is canadian holy crap!

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Ed, Edd, and Eddy was a great cartoon

I remeber toonami, first place that got me into Gundam (when G ran) kinda miss it, Also Miss Ani-monday on Sy-Fy, it's where I saw all of 00 and got my Marcross and Monster fix, shame it went down the tubes.
    I haven’t seen Adult Swim in forever (as I don’t have CN anymore) but do they still run any anime, they had bleach going for a long time. Only other Chanel that played any anime that I know of besides them is when Spike Ran Afro Samurai, god I loved that show.

wish I had better net to get my Anime fix, or if another Anime Chanel came to be.
    U WOT

They still runing Anime on AS but its not as good as Trinity Blood or any thing. theyre still airing Bleach, but i lost intrest with it after the 100th somthin episode, my bro watches InuYsha and dont get me wrong id watch that seeing the only good shows on AS now are Robot Chicken, the Boondocks and the Venture Brothers. I even heard that in Japan, theyre making a sequel Series to follow up on this Cult Classic, and some of the English Voice actors were "on standby" for the dubbing. Man i hated that they dumped Ani-monday on Syfy (like you, thats where i got my taste of OO), aslo i wish they would broadcast another Anime Network on my Satalite Provider, theyve got it but id have to see it online and if thats the case ill watch it on ANN or somewhere else. in Afro Samurais case: Samuel Jacksons one of the baddest MOFO on this planet. man i loved that show, a little weird at times for me, but still bad to the bone for my tastes. You know what id love to see either on AS or Spike? either to old or new movie of Vampire Hunter D. Man i saw that movie one time and i went "DAMN! HE IS A BEAST!". i highly reccomend that or Trinity Blood for any Vampire fans out there (also their respective Novels) but that topic is for another thread.

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Yeah Afro Samurai wouldn't be the same with out Samuel L. Jackson, also in The Boondocks, they refrenced a load of his famous lines from Pulp Ficion, best episond ever lol.
    U WOT

Which one: "A Date with the Health inspector" (a personal favorite, espesialy the Convenience store sequence), or "Lets Nab Operah"?

OMT: Have you seen Either Trinity Blood or Vampire Hunter D?

Sword Freak

The Health inspector one lol, love that episond.
    U WOT

OHHHHHH YEAAH!! Which Part is your favorite? Mine is where the whole convenient store sequence from start to finish. cracks me up every time.lol

Sword Freak

The whole episond was a win IMO, but the Concinince store part was the best so I have to concur with you lol.
    U WOT

I said it befrore ill said it again, that scene still cracks me up. SLJ still is a badass even if hes playin a white guy,lol also you never did answer a question i asked a while back, you ever seen Trinity Blood or Vampire Hunter D?

Sword Freak

Nah I haven't seen ethier of them :/

Yeah I LMFAO when I heard SLJ's voice on a white dude for the first time, I wasn't expectng it lol.
    U WOT

You should see them, they both are bad to the bone.
    Also, i didnt realize it was SLJ until after watching it a couple more times and seeing star wars prequels several times till i realized it was him after that i laughed till i wet myself lol

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    It's pointless to bring back something that doesn't work anymore. If they bring back Toonami it's endless filtered anime, it won't be uncensored as it's a kids channel. Besides, CN has it's own shows it can produce and create, in a cheaper way than dubbing anime and licensing it for US.

I'd actually prefer it if FUNimation and Bandai got their own channels instead.
    Funimation actually already has their own channel! I don't have cable though, sadly. My mom has ATT U-verse, and I've seen a strictly anime channel listed on the guide whenever I've been there.

Check out my blog, dawg! http://kylexlife.blogspot.com/

is it still on the air cause if thats the case do they still air gundam shows?

Sword Freak