Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 179 1234561151101 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

GP03 1/35 Bust from G-System

Figured i should start a wip here.

What it looks like

Test fit

I had to rebuild the back detail piece as i seem to have lost it during the move. :/ Also i will be rewiring the led's as the original kit does not light up the rear lense.
    Last edited by Squee; November 21, 2011 at 1:37 AM.

Super Moderator
    replaced detail

Super Moderator
    Started painting. My goal is to finish the neck down before i finish the head.

Super Moderator
    Head Work

Pretty much where it stands right now

Slow work w/ lots of masking.

Most of the paint used is from Plamo Color and Alclad.
    Last edited by Squee; November 21, 2011 at 1:36 AM.

Super Moderator
    That is so intense. Where did you get yours. I've wanted a bust for a while.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Super Moderator
    Intense?! LOL that's a pretty strong word. XD

I was lucky enough to grab it from a member on another forum for 90 bucks. It's an original cast and is sold out everywhere. You just have to look around. You can get an sms bust of the Nu for like 70 on ebay, the one FrosenCarrotz posted a while back. For about 100 you can get a 1/24 Strike Bust. Whatcha thinking about getting? I can help you find one if you give me an idea of a suit you're thinking about. I'm always on the lookout for deals to help out forum members. ^_^

Super Moderator

HGUC Dra C

Hi all this is gonna be a fast build. Hoping to finish by Friday. It's being entered in a group build over on GE, but i still need to finish it for display at Image Anime.

Seam line removal underway. The Putty is just to fill any places that didn't fill from the glue, and to help even out uneven levels.

I actually tried removing the seams on the shoulder ball things... then realized the line is supposed to be there. :$ Easy fix with a scriber.

Pretty much doing stock colors.

Putty go byebye

Super Moderator
    Needs more putty/fixing on areas like on the arm cannon

Seam on head is gone

Got rid of that extra peg on the shield connector. I really never understood why Bandai still put's it on there. It's pointless really.

Most likely the final pose

Super Moderator
    Simple addition, added ic pins to the ends of the binders. I thought about adding more metal detail parts, but decided against it.

The backpack will be the only thing holding me up from painting. I have to paint part of the outer armor, the inside detail, then put it together and remove the seam, then respray the outside. :shakefist:

Should be painting most of the kit tomorrow.

Administrator
    Got rid of that extra peg on the shield connector. I really never understood why Bandai still put's it on there. It's pointless really.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. It just never looks right.

I am currently living in a room with a moose.
    Would you recommend the dra-c. Or is it too fast of a build? Whenever I look at it I think it would take almost no time at all to straight build the model.

Super Moderator
    It depends. I'm kind of rushing this as it needs to be done before new years for a store, but honestly i really like the idea and design of the suit and would love to sit down and add more detail to it. There is ALOT of modding potential. Also removing the seams and painting it for accuracy adds alot of time to the build. Snapping the kit together took me about an hour to do. It's a pretty simple build, but making it actually look good will take time. I say if you have the money and like the design, go for it. Heck even if you don't like the design, it's a great kit to scrap to use parts for another model that you wish to modify.

If you're just going to snap the kit and not remove the seams... i think it will look pretty bad as the binders are huge, and the seams go all the way down them.

Administrator
    I was kind of disappointed that they actually took a step backwards compared to the Zaku II F2's engineering for this kit, but I definitely want one for the sake of modding another Zaku. I'm halfway thinking of getting the Sleeves version for the sake of a Sleeves Zaku II F2.

How'd this build coming along? Would love to see this guy finished!

Administrator
    No kidding. I'd like to know where you guys get these. Like the Strike Freedom bust you showed Wiltonican.