Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 189 of 189 FirstFirst ... 89139179184185186187188189
Results 2,821 to 2,825 of 2825
    Super Moderator

Re: Squee's Workbench

Yea i'll see if they'll work for what i need. Otherwise i'll make my own like i've done in the past. The foam is just 1 inch (roughly) thick sheet of styrofoam stacked and glued. Then i cut it down to shape with a longer box cutter knife i have Next step is to lay some strips of plaster tape over it. I just want to finalize some of the tree locations first.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

How do you like your new nippers?

Super Moderator

Honestly, the GP Nippers i've been using for years are about the same sharpness. They do feel great though, the squeeze tension is great.

I picked up some paper clay today, Going to put that down over this, but first some plaster tape, and making my marks for where the trees will go. Also glued some plaster rocks i made in a rock mold.

I spent tonight cleaning up the ugly mold lines and injection marks on the trees, what a nightmare. Also cutting some and gluing the limbs together to make them look a bit better. Next step, add some putty and priming!

- - - Updated - - -

Added some paper clay after the plaster dried. Put some saran wrap over it and made some impressions with the model parts.

Letting it cure now.

Also added some new lines on the shield.

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

Nice work on the shield.

Super Moderator

So i came across a tutorial on making your own trees. Its pretty much the same as how i did it for my RG Zgok dio, but the video suggested flex paste, instead of the putty i was originally using. This way i can still make adjustments to the branches after it dries, with no chance of it cracking off.

I think i need to pick up some 24 or 26 gauge, the little one is 20 and the big one is 28.

I kind of like it more than the plastic ones but i'll have to see how it looks painted and with some additives.

Also, snapped this old, yet awesome, Helldiver kit today at work. It definitely shows its ~27 years of age lol

- - - Updated - - -

The Helldiver inspired me to bulk up the head, like a dirty scifi head lol I also put everything together to see how it all looks. Surprised it can hold the rifle so well. At some point i need to make some changes to the rifle so its at least somewhat unique than the stock loadout.

I took this antenna from an old mcfarlane toy, like 10 years ago. Its been in my parts drawer and i FINALLY have a use for it lol

- - - Updated - - -

The Helldiver inspired me to bulk up the head, like a dirty scifi head lol I also put everything together to see how it all looks. Surprised it can hold the rifle so well. At some point i need to make some changes to the rifle so its at least somewhat unique than the stock loadout.

I took this antenna from an old mcfarlane toy, like 10 years ago. Its been in my parts drawer and i FINALLY have a use for it lol

- - - Updated - - -

During downtime at work, i've been making new trees. Just finished laying down some base black. I really like these more than the old ones i was using. It also means my base will be completely from scratch XD Its a good feeling.

Last edited by Squee; November 19, 2017 at 1:30 AM.