Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 200 of 203 FirstFirst ... 100150190195196197198199200201202203 LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3042

Thread: Squee's WB

Re: Squee's Workbench

Oh the FSS paint is looking lovely, I hope you can finish this one without to many problems.

Super Moderator

Re: Squee's WB

Snapped the Momokapool really fast tonight. Next to the old one, its very different. I bought it for parts for upgrading the old one. I could use the arms at most. Shame really.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    Snapped the Momokapool really fast tonight. Next to the old one, its very different. I bought it for parts for upgrading the old one. I could use the arms at most. Shame really.

Well damn. That's a shame. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I guess that's out of the picture now. At least you have the MG Sniper Custom. I think you'll enjoy it. It is a nice to build.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rxslinger View Post
    Well damn. That's a shame. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I guess that's out of the picture now. At least you have the MG Sniper Custom. I think you'll enjoy it. It is a nice to build.
    Yea i grabbed the sniper on a whim. I've been eyeing it, mainly because it uses the 2.0 frame, which i actually haven't built yet. lol

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Yea i grabbed the sniper on a whim. I've been eyeing it, mainly because it uses the 2.0 frame, which i actually haven't built yet. lol
    Actually the Sniper Custom is a hybrid of the 2.0 frame and the GM Sniper 2 (the torso). It also comes with some on the GM 2.0 armor and frame as extra parts.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rxslinger View Post
    Actually the Sniper Custom is a hybrid of the 2.0 frame and the GM Sniper 2 (the torso). It also comes with some on the GM 2.0 armor and frame as extra parts.
    Yea that's a big selling point for me. I don't like the 2.0 aesthetics/proportions on the torso, so the change was a big selling point.

Yea that's a big selling point for me. I don't like the 2.0 aesthetics/proportions on the torso, so the change was a big selling point.
    I agree. I'm not a big fan of head and torso proportions gundam/gm 2.0 or the lack of torso articulation. The Sniper custom does have better head and torso proportions. As for the torso articulation it's surpasses the 2.0 design. The funny thing is it comes with majority of the 2.0 GM's chest parts.

Super Moderator

This GM is awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, put together the exceed head i picked up... i was told it was the command version. Oh well, at least now i get a real pic of the snapped head vs my painted one lol

Told you you would like it. Lol

Super Moderator

Heck yea!

I did a few adjustments for it already. Took some parts from the GM Sniper II that i didn't use. Chopped up the rifle barrel and put it on the new one. About 1.5cm's longer now. Also removed the detail underneath for when it collapses, and gave it some detail.

Storing it like this for awhile until i get to it!

You can see the cross i added to the shield, and the switched out shoulders.

Super Moderator

PAINT IT BLACCCCCK! This kit is supposed to be mostly black, but i really don't know if i want to do that. Trying to decide a colors to use. But either way laid down some gloss black. Missed a few spots like under the foot but thats easily polished.

- - - Updated - - -

Sprayed some Mr. Metallic Dark Iron. My last few builds, i've been trying to use up my buff type lacquers. Buffing them to a nice shine, my fingers are getting tired of it lol

Does the Mr Metal paint have to go on fairly heavy to buff and do you need to seal it? I've only ever used the Testors metalizer paints which are fairly easy to rub through and definitely never seem to go hard.

Mark

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Does the Mr Metal paint have to go on fairly heavy to buff and do you need to seal it? I've only ever used the Testors metalizer paints which are fairly easy to rub through and definitely never seem to go hard.

Mark
    Are you talking about the Testers Model Masters Metalizer paints? You should spray the mm sealer for that after you buff them.

As for the Mr. color ones, they're about the same, but are somewhat tougher i found. You can get fingerprints in them even after buffing, so it's always good to seal after.

What do you use to seal these metal paint regularly gloss, metaliser gloss or something else?

Cheers.

Super Moderator

I use any gloss really. For the model master paints though, i find the sealer for metalizer that they make is the best way for those specifically. They affect the finish of them the least i've found.